Questions for Rebecca

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lexi.Drummond

Re: Questions for Rebecca

Postby Lexi.Drummond » 22 Jun 2012 18:15

Hello Rebecca
First of all, sorry! I'm sure you get a lot of questions but this one is really bugging me! Yesterday is when i first started reading about Lucid Dreaming. and I really got interested in it so I decided to start by using a Dream Journal. So before I went to Bed, i told myself a few times: i will remember my dreams. And sure enough, when I woke up, I remembered two dreams i had that night. I woke up kind of early though so after i wrote my dreams down and watched a few more videos about Lucid dreaming, I went back to sleep telling myself: I will remember my dreams. And from that time I fell asleep, I only remembered one dream. I dreamed I woke up, and it seemed real but then i looked at my fingers, and they were really weird looking and i said: I'm dreaming! and I started freaking out cause I thought i was having a lucid dream but for some reason, it scared me, like i wasn't supposed to yet because it was my first night so i kept saying wake up wake up and i wanted to wake up but i couldn't..? So i don't know what that means but then I just calmed my self down and got up and walked out of my room. But I don't remember anything else. So my question is: Is it possible to dream of having a Lucid dream? Because I remember looking at my hands and they were weird like stretched out and i think i was missing a finger and I know i said I'm dreaming. But I really didn't think that would happen my first night. (Or morning....?) And I couldn't wake myself up, and I don't remember anything after getting out of bed and walking out into the hall. So if you could please answer back! I'm sorry I know you're probably busy! But it would mean a lot! thank you!

jmetcalfe23

Postby jmetcalfe23 » 08 Jul 2012 15:58

Hey Rebecca,

I am new to this site and was wondering for your help. im not exactly sure what this counts as but i had a dream the other night and just before i woke up i was running my hands down someones arm. when i woke up i could still feel the touch of their skin on my hands.

ive had similar dreams this like before, for example i once had a dream that i was holding someone in bed and when i woke up they faded away i then had a rush of lonliness and loss come over me. i have no idea what this means

any help you could give me on this matter would be great

Akirah

Postby Akirah » 10 Jul 2012 21:14

Hi Rebecca. I'm new here, but am very interested in Lucid dreaming. I'm not sure if you'll get this though since last time you answered was 2011. Anyway, I have had practice with it and had a few lucid dreams from doing dream recall and reality checks. I'm just stuck on creating characters. I've had imaginary friends and always wanted to meet them in person, well, actually see them, i mean. This is one of the main reasons why i wanted to do LD in the beginning. I tried the technique where i expect them to be behind me and turn around. I tried that a few times and it didn't work. Most recently, however, i did it and my dad appeared right behind me where i expected one of my imaginary friends to be. I guess that might be a step closer, but i still need some help. Thanks.

bgmacklem

Postby bgmacklem » 12 Jul 2012 19:44

Hi Rebecca, I have read over almost all of this thread and haven't found anything quite like what is with me...

So, I have had a couple of (short) lucid dreams, and thought that perhaps listening to the brainwave entertainment you had posted might help. I have listened to both the Lucid Dreaming Isochronic mp3, and the Xperience +, with no results from either. Meditating with them playing did not enhance my meditative state either.

I have listened to them how the posted sites suggested, with no results whatsoever. :(

Am I doing something wrong, or am I somehow "immune" to the effects of meditative mp3's?
"Dreaming is just a person's excuse to be truly free, once a night."
-Brendan Macklem

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: Talking in lucid..

Postby Rebecca » 18 Jul 2012 08:35

Nasuke18 wrote:Hi Rebecca, I have done a lot of my own learning about my own self lucid dreams and have resently found this great forum you've put together. Something i have truble doing in my dreams is speaking aloud I still have my full in mind thoughts and carry out conversations throw body language(my own interpertation of what they would say in sanarow, without them vocalizing or lip movment) with figures in lucid along with my self, and would like to gain better overall better control of them. but saying "Clarity Now" (aloud) I am haveing truble disifering it {like its not geting to my conscious mind}, (I have Built myself a dubble mind set in dreams and that why I have difficutly speaking aloud in them, [but only in the dream's body's mind]) <--probly a bad idea but i did it from self tought technics, and isnt quite improving the experance/control when trying to say "Clarity Now", but I still feel like i can gain more and wish to. I just wish to learn more in every situation (about dreaming not dreaming, real life ect.) and aprresate the time youve put into this and everyone else involed thankyou. With that my Questions is any way to better talking/convertions in lucid you could help me with?

I'm really sorry I read this twice but I don't understand the question.... I can't relate to the problem of not being able to speak aloud in lucid dreams. As this is a normal waking action, for me it transfers to the dream world quite easily - you verbalize and sound comes out. Even if sound doesn't come out, you can think and communicate telepathically in dreams to get your message out. I've obviously missed something critical in your question. If anyone else can help answer Nasuke18 please jump in.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: is it easy for me to have lucid dream again?

Postby Rebecca » 18 Jul 2012 08:38

dreamer45 wrote:hey Rebecca!!i had my fist lucid dream last night i used the WILD technique i had fun..i will not talk about what did do in the dream..but instead of asking..i had my fist lucid dream would be easy for me to have a lucid dream again??,,i mean i tried WILD many times and failed, my point is would i failed many times again??

Well congrats!

Once you have your first lucid dream you know there is nothing stopping you from having more... 8-)

WILD can be difficult to master at first and it doesn't work every time for me. You will learn to have lucid dreams via many different methods. Try to keep your momentum going; the more passionate you are about lucid dreaming the easier it becomes.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: Ideas for reality checks

Postby Rebecca » 18 Jul 2012 08:48

Crispuga wrote:I was thinking when performing a reality check...could you take a bottle and "check" if the content is still flavoured as it was before? or look away and check if the level of liquid has risen? just a small question...

Hmmm. I've never done a reality check like that before but it doesn't sound like a foolproof test IMO.

For instance, it's quite plausible that the content remains the same flavor and the liquid remains the same level. Just because you're dreaming it doesn't mean everything becomes inconsistent.

I'm guessing you're basing this on the classic clock or reading reality checks... Numbers and letters are notoriously inconsistent in dreams because they rely on conscious parts of the brain (which are largely shut down) to read and remember letters and digits.

In contrast, there is no higher thought required to make your dream bottle appear exactly the same before and after looking away. So it will be easier for your subconscious dreaming self to create and maintain.

That said, if you were really good at managing your expectations, you could turn a cola flavored drink into water, thereby constituting a reality check.

But this in itself would require decent lucidity and focus. A good reality check should promote lucidity from a semi-lucid state or non-lucid state, whereas this demands your full lucid attention. So although what you're suggesting is totally doable, I don't think it's particularly functional as a reality check.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 18 Jul 2012 08:50

dreamer45 wrote:in Mild Tech. you have to say something before you go to sleep....my question is can i just say it in my mind or i really need to say it out loud?????

During MILD you can repeat affirmations such as "The next scene will be a dream" or "I will lucid dream tonight". You should do this from a VERY relaxed state, ideally when you are just on the border of sleep - therefore you do not say it out loud or you'll wake yourself up from the trace! You say these affirmations silently in your mind. ;)

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 18 Jul 2012 09:06

Limabean wrote:Hi Rebecca,
First off, I have to admit that I'm incredibly jealous of your ability to lucid dream so well. If I may, I have a couple of questions though.

When I'm meditating and trying to WILD, I try to let my eyes naturally close like someone suggested to me once. In this process though, should I let my vision automatically blur, or should I stay focused on the point I'm staring at. This leads me to my next question. My eyes keep adjusting, moving, re fixing my view on whatever I'm trying to focus on. I really need help, I just really don't understand what I'm supposed to do. I've had some meditation sessions and I've either fallen asleep or gone twenty minutes without HI. I even got the Lucid Dreaming MP3. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Well, thanks. My ability to lucid dream is based on my own efforts to do so. It never came "naturally" to me. Which is why I think absolutely anyone can do it if they put in the same practice I do...

My advice on what to look at before closing your eyes: what do you normally do when you're trying to fall asleep? Try to replicate that effect.

If you fall asleep with your eyes open, do that. (Ok a bit weird, not sure anyone does that.)

If you close your eyes immediately when your head touches the pillow, do that.

If your eyes seem to want to stay open because you're too alert, then it wouldn't be a good time to sleep. Neither would it be a good time to WILD.

So don't overthink this. Let your eyes close in a natural way - just as you do every night when you go to bed. Don't be staring at the wall, straining your eyes, or trying to focus on anything. That's UNnatural and flies in the face of the advice you were once given.

It certainly won't help make you feel physically sleepy, which is the point after all...

As for summoning hypnagogic imagery - this comes with deep relaxation and tiredness. Learn to relax while you listen to the Lucid Dreaming MP3 and allow yourself to become immersed in it and become a part of it.

Don't sit and stare at the wall waiting for something magical to happen! ;) It's a gradual process of deepening and you'll feel it come on slowly. It won't suddenly drop you into the depths of hypnagogia after 20 minutes. If it hasn't happened by then... I would stop and try another time.

So, when practicing WILD... Float, drift, get sleepy, fully relax and act as if you're going to sleep, with the one single exception that you need to retain awareness as your body goes under.

If, after practicing some more, all of this still feels completely alien to you, I'd suggest a different technique. WILD really requires you to engage in deep meditation and even then is not guaranteed to work every time.

WILD is awesome when it works but it also has become a bit trendy for beginners to latch onto. Everyone wants to be able to WILD but personally I had years of lucid dreams via DILDs before I had my first WILD. And there was absolutely nothing wrong with that 8-)

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 18 Jul 2012 09:07

rothgar wrote:Rebecca, several months ago I mentioned lack of mobile support on you website. Today I signed in after being away due to this lack of support. Wow! New look is awesome! Came up mobile! Super job.... Thanks. I'm BACK.

Awesome!! Glad you're back. It was thanks to you we identified and fixed the mobile issue. :D

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”