Questions for Rebecca

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: Questions for Rebecca

Postby Rebecca » 18 Jul 2012 09:10

Grimez wrote:Hey Rebecca,

I have been attempting DILD and MILD for a couple days now. When I lay down, I have a thought and when I concentrate completely on it I start to drift off - forgetting about reality for a second - and then I snap back into reality. One of the times I felt a warm sensation move over my arms. Is this the MILD technique working or am I just weird? lol

Thanks for your response in advance!

Perfect example of sensory hypnagogia at work..... ;)
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/exploring-your-hypnagogia.html

You're on the verge. Keep at it. You will be able to WILD with this approach too.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 18 Jul 2012 09:24

rikimaru wrote:Hello Rebecca!
I had a question:
I make a topic then i wait for a single reply or answers from the forum
its now 5 days that i make a topic, but now i didn't recieved any reply :cry:
why?

Did you give your post a clear title and ask your question clearly so people could understand exactly what it is you were asking?

I'm sorry no-one chose to answer your question. Post the thread link here, I'll take a look.

rikimaru wrote:I have another question about Lucid dream
i have problem about swallowing while in the bed, when i'm now deeply relaxed
my mouth now have a lots of saliva, so i have to swallow, so i will became
aware in the reality so i have to relax then i have to swallow again so
i can't go through the relaxation :(

You probably guessed there is no solution to this... you just have to swallow and resume the meditation. You could try to mouth-breathe to dry your mouth out and prevent build up of saliva.

rikimaru wrote:And another thing, when i'm now very deeply relax i can't go asleep

Please try to be clearer in your question. Are you saying you're now too relaxed to sleep?

rikimaru wrote:Last thing,when i'm tired like taking nap or sleeping in the night, when i sleep i go asleep very
fast i didn't know that i'm dreaming, so the cause of it is just a normal dream :cry:

If you fall asleep too quickly to WILD, then try other DILD methods as they do not matter how quickly you fall asleep.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 19 Jul 2012 11:17

Lexi.Drummond wrote:Hello Rebecca
First of all, sorry! I'm sure you get a lot of questions but this one is really bugging me! Yesterday is when i first started reading about Lucid Dreaming. and I really got interested in it so I decided to start by using a Dream Journal. So before I went to Bed, i told myself a few times: i will remember my dreams. And sure enough, when I woke up, I remembered two dreams i had that night. I woke up kind of early though so after i wrote my dreams down and watched a few more videos about Lucid dreaming, I went back to sleep telling myself: I will remember my dreams. And from that time I fell asleep, I only remembered one dream. I dreamed I woke up, and it seemed real but then i looked at my fingers, and they were really weird looking and i said: I'm dreaming! and I started freaking out cause I thought i was having a lucid dream but for some reason, it scared me, like i wasn't supposed to yet because it was my first night so i kept saying wake up wake up and i wanted to wake up but i couldn't..? So i don't know what that means but then I just calmed my self down and got up and walked out of my room. But I don't remember anything else. So my question is: Is it possible to dream of having a Lucid dream? Because I remember looking at my hands and they were weird like stretched out and i think i was missing a finger and I know i said I'm dreaming. But I really didn't think that would happen my first night. (Or morning....?) And I couldn't wake myself up, and I don't remember anything after getting out of bed and walking out into the hall. So if you could please answer back! I'm sorry I know you're probably busy! But it would mean a lot! thank you!

Don't doubt your abilities... sounds like a lucid dream to me! However fleeting... you were aware you were dreaming, that's all that matters. You may have only been partially lucid which is why you found it hard to wake yourself up, but most beginners have this at first. Next time, perform some lucid stabilization techniques.... http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-stay-lucid.html

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 19 Jul 2012 11:19

jmetcalfe23 wrote:Hey Rebecca,

I am new to this site and was wondering for your help. im not exactly sure what this counts as but i had a dream the other night and just before i woke up i was running my hands down someones arm. when i woke up i could still feel the touch of their skin on my hands.

ive had similar dreams this like before, for example i once had a dream that i was holding someone in bed and when i woke up they faded away i then had a rush of lonliness and loss come over me. i have no idea what this means

any help you could give me on this matter would be great

I'm not sure either but this isn't really in the realm of lucid dreaming...

Sounds like your perception of dreams continued on into waking reality for a few moments, which happens when we transition from one state to the other.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 19 Jul 2012 11:22

Akirah wrote:Hi Rebecca. I'm new here, but am very interested in Lucid dreaming. I'm not sure if you'll get this though since last time you answered was 2011. Anyway, I have had practice with it and had a few lucid dreams from doing dream recall and reality checks. I'm just stuck on creating characters. I've had imaginary friends and always wanted to meet them in person, well, actually see them, i mean. This is one of the main reasons why i wanted to do LD in the beginning. I tried the technique where i expect them to be behind me and turn around. I tried that a few times and it didn't work. Most recently, however, i did it and my dad appeared right behind me where i expected one of my imaginary friends to be. I guess that might be a step closer, but i still need some help. Thanks.

I like the idea of meeting your imaginary friends in person... 8-)

See my article on how to create dream characters?
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-create-dream-characters.html

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 19 Jul 2012 11:29

bgmacklem wrote:Hi Rebecca, I have read over almost all of this thread and haven't found anything quite like what is with me...

So, I have had a couple of (short) lucid dreams, and thought that perhaps listening to the brainwave entertainment you had posted might help. I have listened to both the Lucid Dreaming Isochronic mp3, and the Xperience +, with no results from either. Meditating with them playing did not enhance my meditative state either.

I have listened to them how the posted sites suggested, with no results whatsoever. :(

Am I doing something wrong, or am I somehow "immune" to the effects of meditative mp3's?

Hmm. It's impossible to say as I don't know how you're doing it, but here are some reasons why brainwave entrainment might not work:

- You're not listening with headphones (Xphirience)
- You're not relaxed enough, allowing yourself to enter a trance state
- You're listening to a low quality copy of a recording

It's really hard to say why meditation isn't working for you... Can you meditate normally without listening to brainwave entrainment? Are you saying that your meditation is diminished when you do listen?

bgmacklem

Postby bgmacklem » 20 Jul 2012 01:42

Rebecca,

I only listen to Xperience with headphones. Like I said, I try and follow the reccomended listening instructions as closely as possible. I can usually achieve a highly relaxed state when meditating normally (without brainwave entertainment). However, I haven't ever been able to get to sleep paralysis or hypnagogia. That is why I purchased the brainwave entertainment in the first place. :(

As far as having low-quality copies, I highly doubt this is the case, as I purchased them illegitimately from the seller's websites.

A few nights ago, I meditated until highly relaxed, where I usually hit a roadblock. I reached over, put on a set of noise-cancelling headphones, played Xperience, and resumed meditation. It was at midnight (minimal environment noise) and in a dark room. I was unable to get past my regular state of meditation, even after listening to both the Xperience Balance +, and Xperience Original all the way through. :(

I did some research, and found nothing to help me out, so I assume this is a pretty rare occurrence. Help?
"Dreaming is just a person's excuse to be truly free, once a night."
-Brendan Macklem

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 22 Jul 2012 01:22

bgmacklem wrote:Rebecca,

I only listen to Xperience with headphones. Like I said, I try and follow the reccomended listening instructions as closely as possible. I can usually achieve a highly relaxed state when meditating normally (without brainwave entertainment). However, I haven't ever been able to get to sleep paralysis or hypnagogia. That is why I purchased the brainwave entertainment in the first place. :(

As far as having low-quality copies, I highly doubt this is the case, as I purchased them illegitimately from the seller's websites.

A few nights ago, I meditated until highly relaxed, where I usually hit a roadblock. I reached over, put on a set of noise-cancelling headphones, played Xperience, and resumed meditation. It was at midnight (minimal environment noise) and in a dark room. I was unable to get past my regular state of meditation, even after listening to both the Xperience Balance +, and Xperience Original all the way through. :(

I did some research, and found nothing to help me out, so I assume this is a pretty rare occurrence. Help?

Breaking a meditation to put on headphones will create quite a disruption to your flow. It's almost like getting up to use the bathroom when you're on the verge of going to sleep - you have to spend time settling in again. Any movement tells your brain "I"M AWAKE!" but the idea is to trick your brain into thinking your body is ASLEEP. So any kind of movement, opening your eyes, or new stimulation (the sound of the entrainment itself) will shake things up and disrupt your progress, setting you back.

Fortunately, these entrainment audios start at alert/waking frequencies anyway and guide you into a theta meditative trance state. So you don't need to prime yourself by meditating first, as you want to be synchronized with the audio from the outset. That means, you should start listening from a normal waking state and let it guide you in, rather than trying to "jump start" the process. This is what works for most people. If you're not seeing results, then maybe just accept brainwave entrainment isn't for you, and focus on developing your own quality silent meditation. Figuring out how to experience your hypnagogia will be key, as this leads to memory impressions and Wake Induced Lucid Dreams.

You could contact the creators of each audio and discuss it with them as they may have more technical advice, but the fact that neither work for you suggests there might be something with your approach. But I'm not great at diagnosing other people's meditation techniques, as it is such a subjective experience and I believe everyone has a slightly different way of "going in". All I can really tell you is how I do it and how I get to the point where I experience out-of-body phenomena, hypnagogia and sleep paralysis. Essentially, I lie down, plug in and listen. I don't move at all; I forget my body exists. I send my mind off elsewhere and I visualize imaginary visual, auditory and kinetic stimulus. My goal is total dissociation.

You could study up on more meditation techniques to help you go deeper. Brainwave entrainment works very well for many people but it is not the final word in meditation, so don't feel you have to force it.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 24 Jul 2012 18:49

Hey Rebecca,

I've been debating over the past few days whether or not I should get the Lucid Dream Fast Track. Before I make a final decision I would like to know: What does it have that your website doesn't? Are there some secret techniques or more detailed instructions to do some techniques, that hasnt been put on the website?

Thanks! :)
Last edited by Guitar48300 on 25 Jul 2012 05:35, edited 1 time in total.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Dreamer3456

Postby Dreamer3456 » 24 Jul 2012 23:41

Hey Rebecca,

I have been trying mild for a week but I had one question, well first of all English is my second language but I speak it fluently and I live in the US but i am not sure whether to repeat the mild affirmation in English or my Native Language since I read the tutorials for lucid dreaming in English. I am not sure which language to use?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”