No lucid dream yet.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Primrose

No lucid dream yet.

Postby Primrose » 19 Jul 2012 10:43

I have been keeping a dream journal regularly for last 5 weeks, and am able to recall about o1-05 dreams per night. Actually writing them down before I forget them is a problem.Every night I stare at my hands and say that I am going to find my hands in dream; I do reality checks like pushing my fingers through my palm many times during the day. Everyday I go to sleep at 10.30 and wake up without an alarm at around 3.30 or 4 a m. Then I write my dreams and read or think something about lucid dreaming. My dreams are very mundane but I have marked unusual things in the dreams in my journal. .......But I haven't had a lucid dream yet. What is wrong?
Many years ago I read Castaneda's books and tried lucid dreaming. I had seen my hands and experienced flying at my will quite a few times. The energy for flying would come from my lower stomach (hara). I had also seen my body from the ceiling once. Most of the times I woke up because I became euphoric and had electrifying sensations which were very pleasant. But these experiences were very short and it took too much of effort and time to get them. So I discontinued.
Will anyone help me ?

torakrubik

Re: No lucid dream yet.

Postby torakrubik » 19 Jul 2012 21:21

5 weeks is a long time and this must be frustrating for you. But patience is the key to begin with :) I'm sure that if you keep up what you're already doing, then any night now you will have an LD. good luck :)
Dreaming is my drug

Primrose

Postby Primrose » 20 Jul 2012 06:09

Thank you, torakrubric. All lucid dreaming websites are full of lucid dreamers who seem to be natural dreamers and who are not even aware that lucid dreaming doesn't happen to everyone! Lucky people!! :)
Anyway, I will keep up the practice.

Primrose

Postby Primrose » 20 Jul 2012 06:19

And yes, I forgot to mention that after I wake up at 3.30 or 3.45, I go back to bed and sleep for 3 more hours and have dreams. It looks like WBTB is a very comfortable for me.

Peter

Postby Peter » 20 Jul 2012 06:27

But these experiences were very short and it took too much of effort and time to get them. So I discontinued.

It takes the effort it takes and there is not much you can do about that. Even the most consistent of us get dry runs and so you will need to keep trying until you get there or give up. It would not hurt to relax for a few days and see if that helps.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Jul 2012 01:03

Primrose wrote:But I haven't had a lucid dream yet. What is wrong?

Most likely nothing. It does take quite a bit of effort for a lot of us, me included. All I can say is the effort required is more than paid back by the experience. The experience is well worth any effort expended to get it. I want to encourage you to continue, it's worth it even if it takes a year or more like it did for me. Take a break though if you are getting too frustrated so you don't get burned out. But don't give up!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Sander

Postby Sander » 22 Jul 2012 00:25

i read that if you get frustrated about not getting LD, the chanceof having one decreases. Don't think of it to much and keep trying is all i can say.

Ofcourse it's easy for me to talk, since i've learned about LD only 5 days ago, but that's what i read, so that's what i think you should do :)
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

Return to “For Beginners”