Sleep Paralysis within a dream (Another "Buzzy" dream)

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Jack Reacher

Sleep Paralysis within a dream (Another "Buzzy" dream)

Postby Jack Reacher » 20 Jul 2012 23:11

So I have been taking a break from Lucid dreams now that uni is on, I want to get good sleep. So I woke up at 9 am this Saturday and thought il just snooze a little longer. Next thing I knw im in a normal dream where I am renting a room at my friends holiday house. I am like 8 years old, and looking back on this dream has given an insight into how I percieved reality as a kid...

Anyway at some point I decided to go to sleep again in that dream and this strange buzzing sound started, I felt it in my head, then it became an intense buzzing feeling in my head and I decided to snap out of it. When I did I was at my grandparents place with my cousin. I explained to him what sleep paralysis was. We then started to play COD Black Ops, but I couldnt seem to choose my gun.

Then while walking around I started getting sleep paralysis on the spot, while walking! This time I didnt get scared of the buzzing and I fully embraced it, and payed attention to the hypnogogia (Whether it was real hypnogogia or hypnogigia within a dream, im not sure), things started to get very intense. It then turned all orange and into a 3D wall of numbers, the rest just becomes impossible to explain it was like a strange trip.

This entire dream was like an hour btw, and somewhere in it I remember having a huge argument with my Dad, he told me I was supposed to give these guests their stuff back but I swore to him I never heard him tell me to do that, I was convinced of it. Around here I wasnt sure what was real or not.

At one point I was told to see a psychiatrist after telling everyone about my sleep paralysis ( still within the dream, this is a reference to Elite Squad, a movie I watched the night before )

At the very end of the dream I was in a new dreamworld where people were turning into strange vampires with godlike powers who started hunting us down, it was very nightmarish, eventually I woke up.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Re: Sleep Paralysis within a dream (Another "Buzzy" dream)

Postby Peter » 20 Jul 2012 23:47

It then turned all orange and into a 3D wall of numbers, the rest just becomes impossible to explain it was like a strange trip.

Apart from the fact I have never experienced a trip I have had the wall of numbers in an obe a long time back. It was the walls of my room in a black and green and silver color and matrix like they were streaming from top to bottom. It was odd but no more so that anything else that is there to be encountered.

Cool dream you had.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 21 Jul 2012 00:10

It seems to be the exact same buzzing feeling that I had in my hour long LD, when you pay attention to the hypnogogia when this happens man it really does take you to another realm entirely. You know anything about how to purposefully get this to happen? I have a feeling it will happen more often because I am sorta expecting it to.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Postby Peter » 21 Jul 2012 02:53

No I cant make it happen at will. I have had it a lot of times in the past but not for a long time now, I think that the deeper dreams you are getting will stay with you and your definition of lucid may change as some of the other experiences pale a little.

A lot of the intense sensations like the buzzing, bangs, SP, I got shunted through a wall during a WILD once ( that started with the buzzing and then a bang and I got one very big belt and my dream body was thrown out and through the wall behind me), I dont get these anymore and think they are part of a stage that you go through and are out of control feelings till you get used to them and while you wont lose the deeper dreams these entry feelings will go. They are not that important, what is important is being able to accept them and move deeper into yourself or wherever we go
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”