I know it's a dream but...why am I not lucid?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Nightless

I know it's a dream but...why am I not lucid?

Postby Nightless » 20 Jul 2012 15:23

Looking back at my Dream Journal, I realize I have quite a few dreams in which I come to realization that I'm dreaming but I'm not lucid. I don't snap into focus and nothing's very clear like it's supposed to be in lucid dreams. Either that or I'm not really in control of my actions and when morning comes, it feels like just a regular dream.

Anyone also have these kinds of dreams? Any tips on why this is happening?

Peter

Re: I know it's a dream but...why am I not lucid?

Postby Peter » 20 Jul 2012 23:53

Yes, most of my dreams are like this. I am 1% away from being lucid. There is some awareness but not enough to realize I am dreaming and so I dont get it and dont get lucid. I know who I am and so very close to getting there. I think these dreams are very valuable and should not be dismissed as important as you have awareness and are receiving data streams by way of dreaming and so I am happy with them and dont think any less of the dream.

To break out of this you will need to engage some critical thinking, try doing some reality checks during the day but when you do so really focus. If you are looking at a wall and thinking that if I am dreaming I could put my hand through it then touch it, rub it, see it, smell it, try to hear the wall. Engage all you senses one at a time and allow some response to come to you.

This should sharpen up you ability to fully question the dreamscape and get you lucid
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 21 Jul 2012 04:53

Nightless wrote:Looking back at my Dream Journal, I realize I have quite a few dreams in which I come to realization that I'm dreaming but I'm not lucid. I don't snap into focus and nothing's very clear like it's supposed to be in lucid dreams. Either that or I'm not really in control of my actions and when morning comes, it feels like just a regular dream.

Anyone also have these kinds of dreams? Any tips on why this is happening?

Those are just normal dreams. Some people might say that they're "more vivid"... but ALL of my normal dreams are like that. They're me experiencing a reality/life which is every bit as clear and vivid as this physical reality experience I'm having right this very second. Why is it NOT a lucid awareness experience? Because, usually I have absolutely no idea that I'm in the non-physical.

If I gain enough awareness to realize that I'm in the non-physical, THEN it's a lucid awareness experience.

Also, "control" is a secondary characteristic of an experience and isn't a determining factor in whether you're having a lucid awareness experience or not. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Peter

Postby Peter » 22 Jul 2012 04:01

Those are just normal dreams. Some people might say that they're "more vivid"... but ALL of my normal dreams are like that. They're me experiencing a reality/life which is every bit as clear and vivid as this physical reality experience I'm having right this very second.

All of my non lucid s are the same, they also as real as the waking world and can feel the same. I was riding a motor bike on roads last night and mining for gold and in recall it is as clear as normal life. I dont consider these to be lucid but for an instant of awareness they would be.

I really only have the two types, lucid or very clear non-lucid as good as waking life
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 Jul 2012 04:44

A lot of my dreams have a story or dilemma to it. For example: I need to find something or get somewhere. Sometimes I will be aware that I am dreaming, but will still be focused on finding the 'solution'. For example, one time I was in a city and I needed to get back to the hotel room I was apparently staying in. I thought it would take too long to walk and since it is just a dream I should teleport there. I carried on for a bit, then it hit me, IT IS JUST A DREAM! There IS no 'hotel room' to go to. The whole story or dilemma of the dream didn't matter anymore and that's when I become fully lucid. (Not always fully vivid). But, for me, first you realize you are dreaming, but then you realize that since you are dreaming, whatever it was that you were concerned about a few moments before doesn't matter anymore and you can explore the world as you wish.

Sometimes I know I am dreaming, but am still so emerged in the story I don't realize I have full control. But sometimes the stories are fun.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 23 Jul 2012 00:02

Peter wrote:I really only have the two types, lucid or very clear non-lucid as good as waking life

I'd definitely say the same holds true for me as well. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”