Effects of lucid dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Effects of lucid dreams

Postby dtommy79 » 28 Apr 2011 10:11

I was wondering what effects lucid dreaming had on your life?

Can any of you, who's been doing it for a while, share some experience?

Re: Effects of lucid dreams

Postby Ancient » 28 Apr 2011 14:45

I haven't been doing it for long by any means, but it has still impacted my life.
I enjoy sleeping much more, and I get better sleep. I used to have insomnia, but learning about the sleeping state and different techniques for relaxing allowed me to overcome it.
Dreams are a playground - even when I don't become lucid, I enjoy remembering them in the morning, and it improves my mood.
It's FUN :D
It's helped me connect with people and feel like I have contributed something meaningful to their lives. I love to teach people about lucid dreaming and help them out if they're struggling.
Sunn O)))
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Am I Dreaming?--------------------------------------------------------- ?gnimaerD I mA

Postby Jonathan » 28 Apr 2011 20:28

I do it mostly for fun. Like Ancient said, it's like a playground! I've also done it for experimentation and used a few dreams for introspection.

I've heard of others using it to practice public speaking, overcoming fears, and many other things like that. I haven't used it for those purposes yet, but I think it's a good idea.

Postby dtommy79 » 28 Apr 2011 21:47

I'm thinking of trying it because I'm a very bad sleeper. I don't even remember when was the last time I had a good night sleep. I usually sleep 5 hours a day.

Postby jake » 29 Apr 2011 06:14

For me lucid dreaming has completley changed my perspective of sleep, and has cured an irrational depression I associated with sleeping ever since i was very little. It has also made me a genraly happier person.

Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 03 May 2011 00:55

Lucid dreaming opened my eyes to how powerful the human brain is... re-creating that whole internal environment - so solid and visually intense and continually evolving. I mean... WOW. Who knew??

It's also a form of escapism. Some people see "escapism" as a bad thing; your real life must suck if you have to escape it... but that's not what it's really about. Why do people bungee jump or skydive - they want to feel something different - something impossible maybe. That's what flying dreams are for 8-) Lucid dreamers are adventurers.

I also like talking to my subconscious inner self and probing for answers in my dreams. Like a live dream interpretation, only more powerful because you can ask for specific information. I feel like I can verbalize inner feelings which were on the tip of my tongue, but somehow unable to acknowledge. It's made me think more deeply about my own psyche and patterns of behavior.

In future I have plans for my lucid dreams too. There is so much to explore! I want to focus on finding a reliable Dream Guide who I can call into existence whenever I need, and also visit more real world places in my dreams to see how they match up - maybe try to re-experience childhood memories and access my child mind and talk to her, to change how I think now as an adult.

I have also had a few vivid dreams in cartoon (watching The Simpsons helps!) and I want to see how this changes when I become lucid. I was once in candyland in cartoon - wish I had been lucid then!!

Postby philipsteele » 25 Jun 2011 10:31

some times we are accepting these lucid dreams as a real one...because they have the power to feel that dream as real....... 8-)

Postby Peter » 25 Jun 2011 11:05

The least they are is fun with complete abandonment and can leave me with a sense of wonder and glowing for a couple of days after. I get answers sometimes to problems I am working on and that is great when that happens. In some way It is real or as real as waking reality and it adds a balance to my life that make me more tolerant of people but also a little detached from the world (in a good way).
I also think the dreamscape is like an interface to something more interesting waiting to be discovered and that is what really attracts me.

I would be very sad without LD and not feel complete

Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Postby rdubya » 25 Jun 2011 17:19

Rebecca wrote:Lucid dreaming opened my eyes to how powerful the human brain is...

Same for me. I am using it as the gateway to exploring the paranormal that seem to be highly related to LD.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”