Unable to speak in an LD.

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Denmonation

Unable to speak in an LD.

Postby Denmonation » 18 Jul 2012 07:19

The other night I had an LD and was trying to talk with my subconscious but for some reason, even though I was very lucid, I couldn't use my vocal chords. The most I could was mouth the words. Very strange. Anyone else experience this?

Shadow

Re: Unable to speak in an LD.

Postby Shadow » 21 Jul 2012 07:10

This happened to me in one of my first lucid dreams. I could barely choke out a couple words and it was like my lips were completely dry and cracked. It was wierd. I wonder what causes it.

Peter

Postby Peter » 21 Jul 2012 08:38

think the words, you dont need verbal communication - it becomes the same thing and is speech. Work that out....

If you are not careful you somehow revert to normal speech and with this wakes you up, by thinking the noise appears with the thought and you stay in the dream.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 21 Jul 2012 10:33

Peter wrote:think the words, you dont need verbal communication - it becomes the same thing and is speech. Work that out....
That sounds like good idea. What about when your speaking to other people. Should you still think the words ?

Peter

Postby Peter » 21 Jul 2012 21:41

yes it is the same. I use what I call non-verbal communication in the dream but this is misleading as you are thinking the thought and it is then "heard" like a normal word. Its an oddity and someone else may explain it better than I can.

If I try to use normal speech I will wake my self up or hear my physcial body talking while I am in a dream body - its very cool and very odd.

Have you ever been aware of your own breath, listening to you body breathing while you are in the dream or dream body? its nice as sleeping breath is so gentle
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 22 Jul 2012 02:56

Ive had this happen to me lots on times in regular dreams and Ive wondered if I could use this as a way to become lucid. Everytime I'd answer a phone in a dream I'd try to say "hello" but I have trouble getting the word out of my mouth. When I finally force it out it ends up being a whisper instead of normal talk, then I wake up from the dream.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Peter

Postby Peter » 22 Jul 2012 04:03

LOL - it sucks but thats how it happens. The irony is that if you did what you say then you would be aware and therefore lucid and now we are back to the starters blocks looking for effective reality checks

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 23 Jul 2012 21:46

I've never had this problem before, but i think i will try this non-verbal communication and see if my LDs last longer using that technique :)
Dreaming is my drug

CocheCorazon

Postby CocheCorazon » 19 Nov 2012 01:07

This happens with me frequently. It's annoying, but MY reason for not talking is that I believe it will awaken me if I make noise, and I don't want to awaken. I have called out a couple times in an LD and woke up because I was ACTUALLY calling out . . . . I THINK . . . !

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 19 Nov 2012 05:21

Record yourself when you know you'll lucid dream. And if you talk in your sleep when you talk in your dream your answer should be quite apperent if you do.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”