Am I dreaming of a lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Flexx 1x

Am I dreaming of a lucid dream?

Postby Flexx 1x » 22 Jul 2012 02:17

Last night i woke up after about 4 hours of sleep. I felt as if i was not fully awake, but my body was still awake. After i went back to sleep I had a dream in which i did a reality check and realized i was dreaming. I told my self a few times that it was a dream and then felt something telling me to try to levitate pebbles for practice, I did not feel like i had complete control of the dream, which faded away very fast. I have been thinking maybe I had a dream of a lucid dream. Is it this or was this weird dream a first step into more controllable dreams?

Ryan

Re: Am I dreaming of a lucid dream?

Postby Ryan » 22 Jul 2012 03:30

Flexx 1x wrote:Last night i woke up after about 4 hours of sleep. I felt as if i was not fully awake, but my body was still awake. After i went back to sleep I had a dream in which i did a reality check and realized i was dreaming. I told my self a few times that it was a dream and then felt something telling me to try to levitate pebbles for practice, I did not feel like i had complete control of the dream, which faded away very fast. I have been thinking maybe I had a dream of a lucid dream. Is it this or was this weird dream a first step into more controllable dreams?

People need to get this "dreaming of a lucid dream" out of their heads. Unless it's you talking about lucid dreaming yet not realizing you're dreaming (which this isn't the case), then it's simply not possible. It's just not how consciousness works. It's simply not possible for you to "dream" about being aware that you're dreaming. For once you realize you're dreaming, it *IS* a lucid dream.

You said in your post that you did a reality check and realized you were dreaming. You were lucid dreaming at this point. :) Congratulations! There is no "first step into more controllable dreams"... you were lucid dreaming. Control is something that comes with focus. And focus is something you'll need to learn with time.

In any case, "control" of the dream is a completely secondary characteristic and isn't the determining factor in what kind of experience you're having. Simply put, the defining factor is knowledge that you're dreaming... and that is something you did have. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Miki

Postby Miki » 22 Jul 2012 06:27

I know what you mean about feeling like you're dreaming about being lucid. I had a dream where I was trying to go to sleep to become lucid. It sounds weird but its a lot like your dream. I believe you because its happened to me as well. I think I had it because I was so overly focused on becoming lucid that I dreamt about it instead of doing it. So now I keep a more relaxed mindset and make sure to do a lot of reality checks. Hopefully we'll both be on the right track soon

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 23 Jul 2012 00:37

Miki wrote:I know what you mean about feeling like you're dreaming about being lucid. I had a dream where I was trying to go to sleep to become lucid. It sounds weird but its a lot like your dream. I believe you because its happened to me as well. I think I had it because I was so overly focused on becoming lucid that I dreamt about it instead of doing it. So now I keep a more relaxed mindset and make sure to do a lot of reality checks. Hopefully we'll both be on the right track soon

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

If you actually realized that you were dreaming while you were dreaming that you were "trying to go to sleep to become lucid"... then that's a lucid dream. But it doesn't sound like you made that realization.
If you were simply wanting to become lucid while you were dreaming and not actually realizing you were dreaming... then that's not a lucid dream.

The first one I said *IS* a lucid dream...
The other is a normal dream...

You either know you're dreaming (lucid dream), or you don't know you're dreaming (normal dream).
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Denmonation

Postby Denmonation » 23 Jul 2012 07:40

Sometimes you lucid dream and when you wake up you're confused because when looking back you remember about as well as your non-lucid dream. If you're new to LDing you may think that lucid dreams will be a lot easier to remember, so when you have issues remembering parts of a LD you think you weren't really conscious. I had tons of issues with that as I first started.

Return to “For Beginners”