Hit or miss dream recall.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Denmonation

Hit or miss dream recall.

Postby Denmonation » 21 Jul 2012 07:33

The last couple weeks my dream recall has been very odd. I either remember nearly everything about a dream, or remember nearly nothing. I'm getting tons of sleep and sleeping in every day because I'm on summer break, and I'm having LDs at the same rate I usually do. This happen to anyone else?

satopnek

Re: Hit or miss dream recall.

Postby satopnek » 21 Jul 2012 12:25

I am still working on developing my own dream recall and have only had one LD since deciding to try foster the skill. My dream recall has improved from practice (thinking about it all the time) and changing my supplementation (herbs,vitamins, and minerals).

Perhaps you have had changes in your diet since your dream recall has become inconsistent.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 Jul 2012 16:19

Denmonation wrote:sleeping in every day because I'm on summer break

Perhaps it is due to your change in sleep cycle. You may get dreams at the time you use to get them (close to when you were use to waking). That's when I get mine. And since you sleep in, the dreams are forgotten by the time you wake up. I don't know how long you have been on summer break, but the body should become familiar with the new sleep cycle and catch up.

I could be completely wrong but that was the first thing I thought of and it may or may not help.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Denmonation

Postby Denmonation » 23 Jul 2012 07:44

HAGART wrote:
Denmonation wrote:sleeping in every day because I'm on summer break

Perhaps it is due to your change in sleep cycle. You may get dreams at the time you use to get them (close to when you were use to waking). That's when I get mine. And since you sleep in, the dreams are forgotten by the time you wake up. I don't know how long you have been on summer break, but the body should become familiar with the new sleep cycle and catch up.

I could be completely wrong but that was the first thing I thought of and it may or may not help.

Actually that could be it. I've been on break since last May but that last two weekends I've been traveling so I was doing some sleeping on lengthy plane and car rides, which made me fall asleep much later at night than usual and thus wake up even later than I usually would this break.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”