Is this OBE

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Donmega

Is this OBE

Postby Donmega » 23 Jul 2012 04:16

So I have been practising Lucid dreaming for a couple of months now. I've gotten close and had a couple but they never last more than a few seconds.. I get sleep paralysis quite often and can induce it pretty well and usually go from there. I can never really get past the sleep paralysis point though.

I'm always in darkness and I try to relax and create a dream scene but its extremely hard, sometimes nothing at all.. It's like it forms behind dark curtains, and I can see it trying to pop out from underneath the curtains but never makes it out.

This morning I induced sleep paralysis about 5 times, trying to become lucid from it. I was thinking of dream scenes but the same thing happened ^. Eventually I could feel my non physical hands which has happened before, so I decided to try harder and get my whole body out, which I did.. The thought of seeing myself sleeping kinda freaks me out, so I didn't really try anything from here and couldn't see anything anyway.

sorry for the long post but my question is, is this OBE? and if it is, once I can push myself out of my body or feel myself out of my body what do I do from there? I think I tried opening my eyes but it was extremely hard. Also any advice to not get freaked out If I do see myself sleeping? How do I get back into my body or wake myself up when I want to wake up again if I've gotten completely out and explored around a bit?

Peter

Re: Is this OBE

Postby Peter » 23 Jul 2012 06:16

Eventually I could feel my non physical hands which has happened before, so I decided to try harder and get my whole body out, which I did

It sounds like an OBE and from here just walk away and in to a dream. It should form up around you and you will just be in a scene
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Donmega

Postby Donmega » 23 Jul 2012 07:25

hmm, I thought it would be more like I wake up in my room, and then can just explore everything around me as it normally is, in the real physical world?

So for example, my room will be the same, if I walk outside everything will be the same and not a dream e.t.c! And I guess if I want to teleport to somewhere whether it be in my country or somewhere else, I can?

Peter

Postby Peter » 23 Jul 2012 08:18

you will at first be in what your mind thinks the room is like, this is an area that gets hammered depending on where you think the dream happens. You get OBE and it is normally the place where you went to sleep, next you can explore your memory of this place depending on how much you know about it and if you want to explore somewhere else ask for it and it will most likely appear or you will appear in this place. Teleport - again depends on what you believe so you either go somewhere or you call up data and your mind creates the illusion of going somewhere. Enjoy
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”