Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
bgmacklem

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby bgmacklem » 22 Jul 2012 17:15

Sounds to me like an odd form of hynogogia to me. Its good progress though, whether you did it purposely or not, you used a dream sign to become aware that you were dreaming, and that's a good job. :)

What you said about remembering your dream and changing the ending is perfect, that is the last step of MILD.
"Dreaming is just a person's excuse to be truly free, once a night."
-Brendan Macklem

Sander

Postby Sander » 23 Jul 2012 13:23

bgmacklem wrote:Sounds to me like an odd form of hynogogia to me. Its good progress though, whether you did it purposely or not, you used a dream sign to become aware that you were dreaming, and that's a good job. :)

Thanks.

bgmacklem wrote:What you said about remembering your dream and changing the ending is perfect, that is the last step of MILD.

i know, i did my home work ;)

I'm happy that i'm getting these new experiences, but i thill can't wait to get my first LD. I hope it doesn't take me several months.
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

4bangerHonda

Postby 4bangerHonda » 23 Jul 2012 21:29

I have been trying to attempt to use sleep paralysis to induce an OBE and make something of a dream out of it. However, i am having ongoing problems with this. First of all, it takes me over 2 hours to reach about 95% sleep paralysis, and when get there, i get stuck. This morning around 11 i tried again, then about 2 hours later, i started seeing things, like video clips i guess, i tried to stay calm, then one vibration, (my first one ever) hit, i don't know what happened then, i believe i got excited. Anyway, after that i tried to calm down, only to realize i wasn't even close to getting the imagery again, causing to me to give up, again left with only frustration and wasted time. Im hoping someone, or a few people can help me with this, i would like to be in full sleep paralysis in around 30-50 min, with vibrations and sounds coming in at maybe 50-70 min (To specific?) Im tired of failing and wasting my time at night and in the mornings i just want results.

One more thing, i have been having bouts of light - mild insomnia, and it also takes me forever to get to sleep. Thanks for the help
Last edited by 4bangerHonda on 24 Jul 2012 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

Sander

Postby Sander » 24 Jul 2012 15:35

so i tried the count yourself to sleep technique from Stephen Laberge's book. I don't know why, but after a little while, i was simply incapable of continueing with this technique and my thoughts automatically wandered off.

Can i do something to avoid this? Maybe meditate more?
Free Your Mind.

bgmacklem

Postby bgmacklem » 25 Jul 2012 01:24

Try visualizing the numbers as they flash through your mind. it helps for me, especially if the letters are big, bold, and bright white.

Try any mode of transition you want, the more advanced, the better. Processing letters takes up your left brain occupied, the transitions and appearance occupies your right. There's not much wandering left possible. :P
"Dreaming is just a person's excuse to be truly free, once a night."
-Brendan Macklem

Sander

Postby Sander » 25 Jul 2012 09:33

thanks, i'll try that
Free Your Mind.

blasterdud97

Postby blasterdud97 » 26 Jul 2012 04:07

Hello everyone I am Jacob, I'm 15 and am from the U.S. Now, do take me seriously when I say I am 15 because I am fascinated in this "Lucid dreaming" I have only been able to control 1 dream a couple years ago for a short amount of time. I forgot about it until today, and my interest has been sparked. I've been reading Rebecca's posts about Lucid dreaming and the steps, I never thought it would be so difficult (even though tonight is my first attempt) As far as 1/2 awake, 1/2 asleep goes and being able to know right when I'm about to fall asleep, it seems all to difficult for a straight-A student like me. I wish to be able to control my own dreams (like in cartoons). I always loved watching others control their dreams, even if it was all fake. My only thoughts were "What if..." But now that I'm older, I can attempt to put it into action. I'm ready. Any basic tips for me without me having to look through the several other blogs Rebecca wrote... I remember to have reminders and dream recalls (which I always ALWAYS forget my dream... I need lots of practice with that.) Anything else? Thanks.

Rene Dumit

can lucid dreams help you to enter to other peoples dreams

Postby Rene Dumit » 26 Jul 2012 13:03

I always wondered if there was a way to control people in some aspect and by seeing that you can control your in a lucid dream maybe you could help other people having grab dreams by entering in their own also I wonder if you can share a lucid dream with another person meaning that we both dream the same dream and we both remember it when we woke up and also is could lucid dreams help you plan an idea to another person meaning convincing people to do something in real life by their dreams

Sander

Postby Sander » 26 Jul 2012 17:36

blasterdud97 wrote:Hello everyone I am Jacob, I'm 15 and am from the U.S. Now, do take me seriously when I say I am 15 because I am fascinated in this "Lucid dreaming" I have only been able to control 1 dream a couple years ago for a short amount of time. I forgot about it until today, and my interest has been sparked. I've been reading Rebecca's posts about Lucid dreaming and the steps, I never thought it would be so difficult (even though tonight is my first attempt) As far as 1/2 awake, 1/2 asleep goes and being able to know right when I'm about to fall asleep, it seems all to difficult for a straight-A student like me. I wish to be able to control my own dreams (like in cartoons). I always loved watching others control their dreams, even if it was all fake. My only thoughts were "What if..." But now that I'm older, I can attempt to put it into action. I'm ready. Any basic tips for me without me having to look through the several other blogs Rebecca wrote... I remember to have reminders and dream recalls (which I always ALWAYS forget my dream... I need lots of practice with that.) Anything else? Thanks.

before getting started with anything else, you need to work on your dream recall, i think..
Free Your Mind.

Sander

Postby Sander » 27 Jul 2012 18:02

talking about dream recall, i haven't been able to remember a dream for 3 nights :(
Free Your Mind.

Return to “For Beginners”