Who is she?

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Bey-Heart

Who is she?

Postby Bey-Heart » 12 Jul 2012 02:55

There's something I saw in one of my recent dreams, and I was hoping some of you could help me with this.

In my dream, I saw a woman. She's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, dressed very nicely. She's looks like the kind of person you would give a lot of respect to. She looks like the kind of lady that will make your knees feel weak, and make you extremely nervous to talk to her. The thing is, I have no idea why I saw her. I'm aware that the brain cannot create faces that it's never seen before, but I think I would notice if I've ever seen her. So where did she come from? How can I find out if I've ever met her? or is this some way of my mind trying to tell me something else entirely?

Also, I think I should go ahead and add that this lady is my age, not an adult. I'm only 15.

leechesleeches

Re: Who is she?

Postby leechesleeches » 24 Jul 2012 23:04

hmm, i won't pretend to know lots about the subconscious and dream meanings etc, but maybe it's possible that characters in dreams can be mixes of different peoples faces you've seen before? i don't see why it wouldn't be possible, maybe she was a mix of a group of very attractive girls you've seen before, and you combined their best features to make your ideally beautiful woman? then again, i'm not sure i believwle the thing about people in dreams only being ones you 've seen before... most of mine are people i know well, but there's sometimes the odd character who looks so recogniseable that, like you said, i'm certain i would remember them! who knows...

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 05 Aug 2012 12:20

Bey-Heart wrote:There's something I saw in one of my recent dreams, and I was hoping some of you could help me with this.

In my dream, I saw a woman. She's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, dressed very nicely. She's looks like the kind of person you would give a lot of respect to. She looks like the kind of lady that will make your knees feel weak, and make you extremely nervous to talk to her. The thing is, I have no idea why I saw her. I'm aware that the brain cannot create faces that it's never seen before, but I think I would notice if I've ever seen her. So where did she come from? How can I find out if I've ever met her? or is this some way of my mind trying to tell me something else entirely?

Also, I think I should go ahead and add that this lady is my age, not an adult. I'm only 15.

The brain can create an unlimited amount of things one has never seen before. However, it's unlikely you've not seen a face like her's before. If one wants to break it down: there are only 12 facial types; only 12 types of noses and only twelve types of lips. 12x12x12= a mere 1,728. You've almost certainly seen all the combinations in your life time. If one adds eyebrows there are only 6 types of those making a grand total of 10,368 faces. I've lived in several places during the course of my life time and have seen double of many people, but for that one would also have to add the 12 body types or 124,416 types of physical forms that can be encountered.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

theturtle

Postby theturtle » 24 Oct 2012 03:14

Snaggle wrote:
Bey-Heart wrote:There's something I saw in one of my recent dreams, and I was hoping some of you could help me with this.

The brain can create an unlimited amount of things one has never seen before. However, it's unlikely you've not seen a face like her's before. If one wants to break it down: there are only 12 facial types; only 12 types of noses and only twelve types of lips. 12x12x12= a mere 1,728. You've almost certainly seen all the combinations in your life time. If one adds eyebrows there are only 6 types of those making a grand total of 10,368 faces. I've lived in several places during the course of my life time and have seen double of many people, but for that one would also have to add the 12 body types or 124,416 types of physical forms that can be encountered.

What if two people have the exact same facial structures and the only difference is skin colour? They would still look at least slightly different.

Maybe you should include skin tone as another factor.

paul

Postby paul » 12 Nov 2012 02:47

To be 15 and already recording thoughts about what you dream is great. I'd say, keep an open mind. There are so many significant things about you experience that can be noteworthy. Belief is good. And there is more to an experience beyond your brain.

Out of body travelers and NDErs can be clinically dead, and still function with thoughts and memories. Meaning, the brain can show no activity, yet, when the person 'returns' to the body, they report having experiences and thoughts that can be confirmed. Look up what out of body means.

Seachange

Postby Seachange » 12 Nov 2012 22:03

I don't think you should assume it is necessarily someone you have seen or will meet. She may be aspects of yourself that you are growing into - you regarded her with respect and a kind of awe, she was beautiful, and a woman could represent nurturing and wisdom. Maybe these are things you have inside you. If you are male it could still be interpreted that way, as we all have these different sides to us. Only you can tell if that makes any sense to you.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 17 Dec 2012 02:46

i think that maybe she was just pretty in general, but it was the dream putting a twist on it. I think your emotions were what really motivated you to think she was pretty. I think that she just seemed more attractive than she would in real life because of your emotions in the dream.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Return to “Dream Interpretation”