TELEPORTING in a lucid dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

TELEPORTING in a lucid dream

Postby HAGART » 22 Jul 2012 05:10

I have trouble flying in a lucid dream sometimes and I wrote about that in another post.
But I was lucid last night and again, I couldn't fly. I was with a childhood friend in the dream when I realized and I looked him in the face and said, "You know the best part about being in a lucid dream.... being able to fly!" And I jumped in the air. Only to fall back to the ground again. I felt like an idiot, but now he was gone.

I was in a city, not with sky scrapers but there was a street with some buildings two stories high. I saw some electrical cables above me and was able to jump and grab them. Then I saw a balcony on the second story of a building nearby. There were some ninjas wearing purple and I had the impression that they where hot ninja women. I wanted to fly to it but I couldn't.

Then I tried to teleport. It was about 30 feet away, but I thought to myself, there is no space or depth of field in a dream. I stared at the balcony and willed myself to be there. Next thing I knew I reached out and grabbed hold of it and was now hanging off the balcony. I tried to lift myself up, but didn't have the 'strength'. (Probably a mental block). After that I woke up.

I have teleported before too. If you can see something and it is far away, just remind yourself that it isn't really far away at all. It only seems far away in your mind. You only have to will yourself to be there. I would still have rather flown there.

Either way I missed out on some hot, purple ninja babe action! :roll:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Ryan

Re: TELEPORTING in a lucid dream

Postby Ryan » 23 Jul 2012 00:09

I've had experiences in which I was incapable of flying.

I have a theory in that when we have non-physical experiences, we don't always end up in a reality frame which supports that particular experience. Just like this physical reality has a certain ruleset in which we can't fly... we might project into a reality which has a ruleset which doesn't support flying.

Just a thought. I don't think there is a single "dream" reality where we go each night... I'm thinking that we visit multiple realities, probably within a single experience.

During the experiences which I couldn't fly, I've tried just about everything I could think of in order to fly... with zero success. It's felt like I was physically awake instead. However, in other realities it's been so very easy to fly... with nothing but a single thought zooming me off into the blue sky. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 23 Jul 2012 06:05

Thats an interesting theory... also a dangerous one, it might be a kind of self fulfilling prophecy. Sometimes I feel as if I already know what I can and cant do in a dream before I try it, I think the "laws" of the dream are generated by your expectations, your priorities or just your overall mode.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 23 Jul 2012 21:59

With regards to Ryan's theory, I personally believe that we indeed subconsciously create physical laws in the dreamworld; however I think that these only apply to ourselves, rather than DCs, etc. (This does imply that DCs have awareness, but that is another topic altogether :P). Rather than visiting different realities with different physical laws, i think that we simply manipulate these laws within the same reality.

Congratulations to HAGART, I must try teleporting in my next LD :). I'd imagine that is a harder skill to master than flying, although having never attempted the former, i cannot say that with absolute certainty.
Dreaming is my drug

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 24 Jul 2012 03:10

torakrubik wrote:Congratulations to HAGART, I must try teleporting in my next LD :). I'd imagine that is a harder skill to master than flying, although having never attempted the former, i cannot say that with absolute certainty.

Teleporting really is THE way to travel about. Actually, once you strip all beliefs you hold about having to "move" from "one place to another"... you realize that teleporting is the ONLY way. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 25 Jul 2012 19:35

I had a lucid dream last night and teleported again.
I had many LDs in a row, broken up by some H.I. and false awakenings. This was a false awakening.
I woke up outside and looked around. I was in a quaint town outside and saw a gondola in the distance. I saw a zipline and some rollercoasters too. I thought to myself, I should will that place to happen when I drift off to sleep again. Then I realized... I'M ALREADY ASLEEP! DUH!

So the gondola was too far away in the distance to walk to, so I stared at it and willed my self to be there. Next thing I knew, I was flying to it in a straight line. As if gravity was pulling my to it. When I reached one of the (i dunno 'cars' you might call it) I couldn't get inside. It was solid. I tried to press myself through it, but couldn't. So I just hung underneath it by my arms and enjoyed the ride. Then I thought maybe I can let go and travel beside it and I did. I flew to the next car ahead that was full of people, they were packed in like sardines. I pretended I was in danger and wanted to get in. Then I flapped my arms like wings and flew to the next one. I continued pranking all the passengers along the line and then greeted them at the end to see their reaction. They all thought it was amazing and funny.

BUT THERE WAS NO WAY I WOULD HAVE EVER BEEN ABLE TO WALK TO IT. IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN TOO LONG AND OBSTACLES WOULD HAVE APPEARED TO DIVERT MY ATTENTION AND I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN LOST. I HAD TO TELEPORT/FLY. I HAVE TRULY TELEPORTED BEFORE, WHEN I CLOSE MY EYES, WILL MYSELF TO BE THERE, AND THEN WHEN I OPEN THEM AGAIN, I AM THERE. THIS WAS A LITTLE LIKE FLYING TO IT, BUT STILL TELEPORTING BECAUSE I DIDN'T FLY AROUND AT WILL. I WAS ONLY DRAWN TO THAT ONE THING I WAS FOCUSED ON.

You all should try it. It is a good technique to get somewhere you want to be in a hurry.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”