hello from Philadelphia

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Ryan Hurd

hello from Philadelphia

Postby Ryan Hurd » 09 May 2011 00:18

Hi everyone! just want to congrats Rebecca on the new forum. it's a lot of work to do this sort of thing.

A bit about me: I'm a dream researcher, author of the book Sleep paralysis, and an avid lucid dreamer. I have been having lucid dreams since I was 14, but I still do not consider myself an expert because I'm always learning new ways to be in the dreamworld.

In my view, the dream ego is always a guest in the dream, and that perspective has allowed for a profound opening into worlds beyond my imagination.
Consciousness researcher, author of Sleep Paralysis, and lucid dreaming educator. Find me at DreamStudies.org

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: hello from Philadelphia

Postby Rebecca » 10 May 2011 03:23

Thanks Ryan! Great to have your support :D

Hope you enjoy the forums!

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 10 May 2011 14:00

Hey Ryan, great to see you here. I believe I've talked with you on the A-List forum before too. :D

Ryan Hurd

Postby Ryan Hurd » 11 Jun 2011 15:07

@Jonathan... yeah, I was trying to figure out why I recognized your profile pic :)
Consciousness researcher, author of Sleep Paralysis, and lucid dreaming educator. Find me at DreamStudies.org

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Jun 2011 23:13

Hi, I agree that the dream state or LD and the dreams are just an interface to other places. Look forward to you imput and comment on this site

Cheers
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Jun 2011 02:21

Ryan, just had good look at your site and enjoyed the article on "the void" I have experienced this a lot both on entering dreams from waking and moving from one dream to another. To me it is a timeless state where I am part of the energy, not acting as an agent and not simply observing but in some way all and nothing. I used to say I was part of pure thought, just energy that was the building block of everything.
I have no beliefs to distort any experience and have over the years broken may personal barriers in the dream state.
Just a few simple statements here and hope you find this of interest.
I like you art, I have made a few simple sketches with coloured pen to try to capture the patterns and state and find it fun to do so but very elusive to get any accuracy

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan Hurd

Postby Ryan Hurd » 25 Jun 2011 18:29

hey Peter, your void experiences sound excellent. for me too lucid dreaming has been a great place to suspend beliefs. veteran lucid dreamer Ed Kellogg has a developed practice of practicing phenomenology in the dream: his methods inspired my void dreams.

art is a great way to honor the dream beyond words: you may also like to check out the work of Fariba Bogzaran. http://www.bogzaran.com/

Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Jun 2011 21:52

Hi Ryan,

First glance and the art is wicked and captures the transition from wake to Hypnagogia and in a lovely way. Colours are cool as well and will enjoy browsing this site

I will also give some time to Ed Kellogg and his work this week and excited at where this may take my mind
Cheers
Peter

Return to “For Beginners”