Antagonist of Another's Dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Ironbard

Antagonist of Another's Dream

Postby Ironbard » 21 Jul 2012 19:02

Allright... technically this isn't my dream - but apparently I was in it, so I thought I might as well share it as sort of a "curiosum" - an oddity or curious happening.

Ok, so this particular incident, happened some time after, I had begun to actively attain lucidity.

Now, I have a friend who shares my goals(let's just call him Thor for now), and since I had been doing this for far longer than he had, I tried to teach him some of what I had experienced so far.
One thing that I really tried to knock into Thor's head, was that you must have some semblance of balance with the subconscious, you can't just boss it around - you need to respect it a little. The reason I told him this, is that I know he can be a cocky bastard at times.

Anyway, a few days pass and suddenly one morning I wake up to the buzzing of my phone.
I fumble around in the dark for a while, searching for it, then feel my hand clasp the phone: "Gotcha!" -
I think to myself. I pulled it towards my self, but then as the cord was still connected, I got a bit shocked when the resistance of the cord threw my movement off. This wakes me up a bit.
Finally I get to look at the phone, I navigate to the new message and it reads something like:
"You fucking asshole! You ruined everything!" - the message was from Thor.

I was completely baffled by this: "Huh? I don't remember doing anything... which could deserve a response like that... What the... What is going on?"
I spent almost the entire day ravaging my mind, trying to remember anything, everything! - every little jab and joke, anything that could possibly be considered an offence. But there was nothing. Eventually I gave it up and didn't think more of it.

Almost immediately after I had given up, Thor shows up at the door. He semi-rushes down the stairs, almost forgetting to remove his shoes; when I look out into the hallway he goes: "You son of a bitch, you! You, you damn trickster you!" - meanwhile pointing at me like I'm his nemesis or something. At first I was a bit confused, but then I notice this wicked sly smile on his face.

Once he got into my room he was so aloof that he couldn't even sit down, he just paced around the room as he began to explain.

"So there I was, outside that stupid building... the, the you know! Where I used to work! Anyway, so I'm thinking to myself: Agh! I hate this damn place. And then for no reason at all! I realize it! I am dreaming! And then I remembered everything you had told me about lucid dreams and all that. So I believed it!
I can do anything! Right?! Ok, so the building, I just wanted it to be totally annihilated. And to my utter amazement! It freaking just crumbled into dust! Ahahaha! I was so jazzed up about the building, I just flew into the sky, then I hovered there for a while, looked at the island, put my hand out so that the tip of my fingers were resting at the mountaintops. Then I pushed it down into the ocean!"

At this point it was like Thor's eyes were ablaze, you could just see the utter fascination and adoration for this newfound power.

"Hahahaha! So anyway I messed around a bit, telekinesis, pyrokinesis, all of that stuff. Then I remembered what you had said about the subconscious. And I thought to myself, fuck that shit! I'm in control here! This is my world!"

As I had expected he'd run completely mad with power.

"So I decide I'll try to summon my subconscious, or open a gate or something like that. And in that very instant! I heard a familiar voice behind me saying: What did I say Thor. Hmm? You can't do that allready.

It was your voice Ironbard! You ruined my dream! Damn you!
At first I was like: What are you doing here!? This is my world! - but you just kept on walking towards me!
You had this entirely blank look on your face, like you had no emotions.
I tried to destroy you like I had done with everyone else. So I just picked-up(telekinetically) the closest object, a bus, and threw it at you. It was completely useless though!"

To this I inquired: "Huh? I don't understand, Thor - how was that useless?!"

"Well you just snapped your fingers and - BOOM! The entire bus completely disintegrated, it turned to dust! You freaked me out man! You had like a shield around you, like a forcefield! There was nothing I could do you just got closer and closer, eventually I just woke up from it!"

I almost couldn't stop laughing...

Anyway, so there it is: I unknowingly messed up my friends dream. Pretty interesting though.
What are your thoughts on this one?
"Half of everything is luck."

torakrubik

Re: Antagonist of Another's Dream

Postby torakrubik » 23 Jul 2012 21:43

Looks like your advice stuck with him :P I'd like to think that this was a mutual dream; one which you simply didn't remember upon awakening. However, it is far more likely that this was simply your advice manifesting itself in his dream. Thanks for sharing.
Dreaming is my drug

Ironbard

Postby Ironbard » 26 Jul 2012 04:55

hmmm... yes that's what I thought aswell. I take it you've had a mutual dream then? :?:
I have had one dream that might fit that description, but it doesn't fit entirely. :| I might post it later.

PS: Oh and you're quite welcome xD Do any of you remember the first time you told someone about a dream you had just had?
"Half of everything is luck."

torakrubik

Re: Antagonist of Another's Dream

Postby torakrubik » 27 Jul 2012 22:11

I suspect i may have; but i haven't gone as far as to prove it to myself by asking people what their dreams were too. In all likelihood, they may well not remember the specific ones anyway.

An no, not exactly. I think it may have been when i was much younger, probably telling my mother about some exciting dream i'd just had. However i don't normally discuss my dreams with anyone face to face nowadays. Only this forum seems to appreciate them fully :P
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”