Astral projection

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: Astral projection

Postby Rebecca » 28 Apr 2011 02:06

Donna wrote:So now I've completely transferred consciousness to the OBE and I'm having fun balancing on my arms in the absence of gravity, content to have abandoned the dream. I start to wobble my arms to simulate that it's difficult, just mucking around, when suddenly the ex-boyfriend from the dream flops an arm down from my bed (where my physical body is lying) and gives my head an affectionate rub. I'm instantly awake in my physical body from the surprise of it. So, no vibrations but a definite feeling of shifting in and out of my body. A tad confusing.

This is cool...... confusing, yes. But that is always my experience of OBEs!!

I wrote out some tips for how to astral project, which are based on what I've read from Robert Monroe and my own limited experience of this phenomenon:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/astral-projection.html

I have also reviewed Salt Cube which I agree has a fantastic set of videos for inducing lucid dreams with visualizations like The OBE Exit Technique:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucidology.html

dtommy79

Postby dtommy79 » 30 Apr 2011 13:02

Here is some interesting videos from Robert Bruce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMI0v0x-gvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJhtJUDXZHU

Daluthe

Postby Daluthe » 04 May 2011 08:11

Astral projection is the most amazing thing I have experienced, one of them anyway. It really is something you need to achieve and try yourself, and yes, anyone and I mean anyone can achieve projection.

A very good book to read on the subject is by Robert A. Monroe (Author of Far Journeys) Journeys out of the Body.

I am never a skeptic. Instead, I become excited, and research. It just becomes something I want to do. In the end, whatever it might be, its something I only ever do to prove it to myself.

Robert Bruce is excellent! I loved the idea of a copy of awareness! So with this in mind, its you, but a COPY of your awareness... Can bend the mind in wonderful ways. Yes have a few of hes books as well =D!

I think the ONE thing Astral projection has going for it, as proof, is Identifying something in "the real world". Robert Monroes book, talks about many experiences of this, excellent read on these areas. The book costs nothing, anyone who enjoys the subject in question, I highly recommend hes book.

But I would agree with what I have read. Try to I.D something in "the read world", to prove it to yourself. Try to see what your friends are doing, or what they had on and ask them to confirm this etc, and prove it to yourself.

PaulG

Postby PaulG » 06 May 2011 17:40

I believe that Astral Projections and OBE's are real and from what I've read I also believe they are two totally different things. I also think they are a natural progression from lucid dreaming (ie. normal dreams > more aware of your dreams > actually being in your dreams > lucid dreams > astral projection > OBE's). Maybe a few other things in-between (and even after OBE's). What I've learned over the years is that Astral Projection is where you stay, or still feel in your body, but you expand your consciousness and awareness "out-there" so you can be in more than one place at the same, whereas OBE's are where you actually leave your body. I have read Robert Monroe's books and personally don't think you could make stuff up like that. With regards to the comments above about dual awareness this is also something I have read about in numerous books by Bruce Moen who attended The Monroe Institute on numerous occasions and he was more of a Astral Projector rather than someone who experienced OBE's.

William

Postby William » 20 May 2011 19:10

In my on line journal, "expandurmind.com", I have posted OBE's. Some are a connection with either the multiverse or other dimensions, a couple, I'm sure are connections to God. Astro-travel is also throughout the bible and numerous cultures.
At 5 or 6 years old, I began having very vivid dreams. They were very colorful filling all my senses and usually had an intense plot. Years later I became an avid lucid dreamer and worked my way to OBE's. Visit me @ http://expandurmind.com/

livie12

Postby livie12 » 23 May 2011 23:16

ok so im kind of behind here, but what exactly is astral projection?? :oops:
Livie....:)

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 29 May 2011 08:33

livie12 wrote:ok so im kind of behind here, but what exactly is astral projection?? :oops:

Astral projection is a kind of spiritual way of interpreting an Out of Body Experience (OBE or OOBE):
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/astral-projection.html

It's where you float out of your physical body and perceive an ethereal dimension in which you can fly around and meet deceased people and other spiritual entities. Often people talk about being attached to their physical bodies by a silver chord coming out of their stomach, like a spiritual umbilical chord. Even so, they claim to travel vast distances across physical space and into a spirit world, meeting positive and negative energies who can help or hinder their path.

I'm very interested by the recurring similarities from different astral travel stories. I'm also interested to learn how people distinguish them from OBEs. Many OBE-ers say it's just like leaving your body, but you stay in the physical world and perceive things pretty much as you normally would. You can still fly and zap about but there are far fewer spiritual interpretations or ghostly entities described in OBE encounters.

Bear in mind, though, that many astral projection / OBE techniques are the same as the Wake Induced Lucid Dream technique which pretty much involves leaving your physical body behind and going off in a dream body. Sometimes you pop straight into the dream but other times you can actually climb or swing out of your body on the bed!! These experiences bear remarkable similarities to OBEs so if you're looking for the scientific explanation, this should be your first port of call.

Anyway it's an interesting concept to explore, and I do recommend anyone trying to have lucid dreams also give OBEs / AP a go because they are surely inter-related even if they are not the same identical phenomenon. As I mentioned earlier, whether you believe OBEs and astral projection is really REAL or not is up to you! I have had OBEs and they can certainly seem real in every sense.

MaKr2011

Postby MaKr2011 » 10 Jun 2011 11:09

I have never had a Lucid Dreams although I have been trying for a very long time using different kind of techniques - I seem to agree with whatever strange things happen in my vivid dreams. Once I did dream about being lucid but not even that struck my conscious mind... ehm...

But, I have had quite a few OBE/OOBE´s without traveling to distant places or astral planes (yet). What I would like to know more about is getting into the state aka "vibration state". Once I am in this state I find it very easy to leave the body. I "wake up" in bed and realize I am in the state which is easy to recognize because of the vibrational noise. If I don´t have a vision I just stay put and start rubbing my OBE/OOBE hands together until noise increase and vision appear - then I just sit up and walk/fly away. So far I have only been around my building and streets nearby although perhaps some time traveling. I once had an OBE/OOBE and my apartment was all 1980-style... haha!

Anyways, what I would like to learn is to have these OBE/OOBE´s more frequently upon my decision and not just randomly. I want to know how to get into the vibration state easier. Most of the literature seem to be based on overcoming fear and/or how to leave the body once in the state. I know I get into the state if I stay in bed hour after hour in the morning and/or during a daytime nap, but that is not a luxury I have... haha! Ok then, I hope someone may have some suggestion(s) for me. :)

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 12 Jun 2011 01:25

Hey MaKr, welcome and thanks for sharing!

I find the best way to get into this state is to use the technique of "falling asleep consciously" so you must relax your body into a sleep state while staying awake. This is very much like the WILD technique (except you don't plant any dream imagery) so I suggest you start there: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-induced-lucid-dreams.html

Interesting that rubbing your hands together in the OBE state increases your vision. It's exactly the same in lucid dreams! ;)

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 23 Jun 2011 17:02

Daluthe wrote:

I am never a skeptic. Instead, I become excited, and research. It just becomes something I want to do. In the end, whatever it might be, its something I only ever do to prove it to myself.

Couldn't agree with you more.

There are so many sources of information for all of this, including explanations of the "science" behind it. Since a lot of them claim their ideas are right and others are wrong, I have thrown my hands in the air and said ya know what, I don't care how it works, I just want to do it!

If it is me, God, Jesus, Buddha, or John from two blocks down that is the source of it, I simply thank "it" for letting me have these experiences, and however it actually works I don't really care haha. Well, I curious of the how, but I know I won't find the truth from reading all the arguing sides of what "it" is. So for now, I will read the techniques and methods of how to have the experiences and then draw my own conclusions. I will of course try to help those who wish to have these experiences as well.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”