Does coffee help in lucid dreaming?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
ilovetech29

Does coffee help in lucid dreaming?

Postby ilovetech29 » 23 Jun 2011 14:03

Well coffee makes us alert right?So i was thinking if coffee is good for inducing lucid dreams?Because I had one lucid dream and i think it was due to me drinking a cup of coffee before sleep.So is there any scientific evidence for this:?:

PurpleDreams

Re: Does coffee help in lucid dreaming?

Postby PurpleDreams » 26 Jun 2011 21:38

Well I've drank tea before bed and had some lucid dreams. So I guess coffee should have the same effect. Well anything with caffine (candy,soda,coffee,tea etc) should help.

tuzenaa

Postby tuzenaa » 10 Aug 2011 06:31

What are good appetite suppressants without caffeine? I used to take caffeine pills to suppress my appetite throughout the day and it worked wonders. Unfortunately, I've become prone to panic attacks on them now so I have to stop taking them and now that I am off them, my hunger comes back ravenously even if I've just eaten a meal. What are your experiences (good or bad) with various appetite suppressants that don't contain caffeine?
Last edited by tuzenaa on 11 Aug 2011 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

Peter

Postby Peter » 10 Aug 2011 09:47

Best appetite suppressant is good quaity protein taken in small amounts are regular intervals. You get a nice feeling of fullness, wont eat junk or get sugar cravings as you will not be hungry.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 10 Aug 2011 14:01

tuzenaa wrote:What are good appetite suppressants without caffeine? I used to take caffeine pills to suppress my appetite throughout the day and it worked wonders. Unfortunately, I've become prone to panic attacks on them now so I have to stop taking them and now that I am off them, my hunger comes back ravenously even if I've just eaten a meal. What are your experiences (good or bad) with various appetite suppressants that don't contain caffeine?

What's your sugar intake like?

The Fructose in Sugar (sugar is made from half glucose and half fructose molecules) is known to "shut off" the signal that your body sends your brain that tells you you're full. One of the many REALLY HORRIBLE things sugar does to your body.

With that said, I sometimes meditate while on my lunch hour at work while sitting at my desk. Anyway, I'm usually LOADED with Coffee by that point, and I really do find that it enhances my ability to retain my awareness.

But, I also know that it works the opposite for some other people. In the end, as with most things, it's an individual thing and you'll need to experiment with yourself to find out what works for you. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

fineganswaker

Postby fineganswaker » 10 Aug 2011 18:42

I use the CILD (Coffee Induced Lucid Dreaming) method just about every night! Works like a charm!

The only problem is that all of my dream characters are nervous, engage me in edgy conversation about current affairs and existentialism, wear berets and smoke Gallois... ;)

Seriously, though, a cup of coffee in combination with the WBTB technique sounds potentially promising...

Mewie

Postby Mewie » 10 Aug 2011 20:25

I've never heard about the CILD method, but it sounds cool.

And I thought, that coffee and sugar was bad before sleeping? But maybe that's only when you drinks too much?
Reality is a lovely place,
but I wouldn't wanna live there
. ~ Adam Young

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”