How often lucid dreams occur?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
User avatar
Hygrophila
Posts: 7
Joined: 27 Jul 2012 11:16

How often lucid dreams occur?

Postby Hygrophila » 28 Jul 2012 14:23

So I mean, is it possible to master lucid dreaming? To have full clear lucid dreams every night? I already practiced a lot so I have 1-2 lucid dreams a week. Is it a little? I also want to ask how often do you dream?
"Dreams are more real than reality itself, they're closer to the self." ~Gao Xingjian

jamjam
Posts: 233
Joined: 21 Sep 2011 22:25

Re: How often lucid dreams occur?

Postby jamjam » 28 Jul 2012 23:26

Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it.
if you lucid dream every night in every dream, you'll get really tired and it's bad for you... so have some self control.
I don't think it's a lot... but some beginners would pay to have your lucid dream frequency... the unlucky ones.
It's not about how many dreams you have, it's about how many you remember.
On average, you'll get AT LEAST 5 dreams a night... unless you have a condition.
Doesn't mean you'll remember them though...
The more you sleep the more dreams you get... thus the chance of you remembering one increases, and you'll get more chances at lucidity :)

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
jamjam

User avatar
Guitar48300
Posts: 1035
Joined: 06 Jun 2012 04:16
Location: Arizona

Re: How often lucid dreams occur?

Postby Guitar48300 » 29 Jul 2012 03:53

You're doing alot better than me. So far I've only had 4 lucid dreams in 4 months and the last two only lasted for 10 seconds. Could you please tell me what techniques you do?
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

User avatar
Hygrophila
Posts: 7
Joined: 27 Jul 2012 11:16

Re: How often lucid dreams occur?

Postby Hygrophila » 29 Jul 2012 10:31

Well I'm doing this for 4 years now. Since I heard about it I started to practice and believe me or not, it happened me the first night. It was just 5 seconds but a big succes! For the first two years I wrote dream diaries (it is very important) no matter how tired you are. When you wake up you have to write it down. So as everything needs a lot of practice and sometimes you have to work hard, lucid dreams need a lot of hard work too! The techniques... I ask my self every day, Am I dreaming? Im searching for signs that can prove it is just a dream and I am sleeping, Im doing it for one minute every two hours! It helps. Nowdays I wrote down just dreams that is important for example it has a story and clear and had feelings in it. Also I can recommend if you have books on your computer or on your self you should read some lines every nigth or during the day. No matter if you read that book once, you have to repeat to learn it. Repeat a lot. I realized that if my brain is in the topic of dreams (just read some pages from a dream book every day) I experience much more lucidity. Try it! I think you will have a lucid dream in a week. I also force myself to have a dream right before I fall asleep, you know watching the pictures coming, it happened a lot this way. Hope it helps :) Just get on the mood!
"Dreams are more real than reality itself, they're closer to the self." ~Gao Xingjian

reynaldi
Posts: 19
Joined: 25 May 2012 13:37

Re: How often lucid dreams occur?

Postby reynaldi » 29 Jul 2012 15:45

jamjam wrote:Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it.
if you lucid dream every night in every dream, you'll get really tired and it's bad for you... so have some self control[/img]


get tired like what?
i think i saw an article by rebecca about changing LD into normal dreams
sorry for my english..

jamjam
Posts: 233
Joined: 21 Sep 2011 22:25

Re: How often lucid dreams occur?

Postby jamjam » 29 Jul 2012 16:29

Well it does take energy to lucid dream... and NREM sleep is more important...

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
jamjam

User avatar
Guitar48300
Posts: 1035
Joined: 06 Jun 2012 04:16
Location: Arizona

Re: How often lucid dreams occur?

Postby Guitar48300 » 29 Jul 2012 18:41

Hygrophila wrote:Well I'm doing this for 4 years now. Since I heard about it I started to practice and believe me or not, it happened me the first night. It was just 5 seconds but a big succes! For the first two years I wrote dream diaries (it is very important) no matter how tired you are. When you wake up you have to write it down. So as everything needs a lot of practice and sometimes you have to work hard, lucid dreams need a lot of hard work too! The techniques... I ask my self every day, Am I dreaming? Im searching for signs that can prove it is just a dream and I am sleeping, Im doing it for one minute every two hours! It helps. Nowdays I wrote down just dreams that is important for example it has a story and clear and had feelings in it. Also I can recommend if you have books on your computer or on your self you should read some lines every nigth or during the day. No matter if you read that book once, you have to repeat to learn it. Repeat a lot. I realized that if my brain is in the topic of dreams (just read some pages from a dream book every day) I experience much more lucidity. Try it! I think you will have a lucid dream in a week. I also force myself to have a dream right before I fall asleep, you know watching the pictures coming, it happened a lot this way. Hope it helps :) Just get on the mood!

Ive actually tried something like that. Some of that stuff I still try doing. So I guess ill try again. When you "force yourself to have a dream" do you mean try getting a WILD?
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

User avatar
torakrubik
Posts: 559
Joined: 29 Jun 2011 20:44
Location: England

Re: How often lucid dreams occur?

Postby torakrubik » 29 Jul 2012 21:45

Hygrophila wrote:So I mean, is it possible to master lucid dreaming? To have full clear lucid dreams every night? I already practiced a lot so I have 1-2 lucid dreams a week. Is it a little? I also want to ask how often do you dream?


I think you would need natural high LD frequency AND rigorous, time-consuming meditation and practice 24/7 to even get close to that...and besides, that would ruin the lovely surprise of an LD if you had them all the time! :P

I also have 1-2 LDs per week btw :) and if i may answer your question on tiredness: When lucid, you are conscious, so your brain is effectively awake. You may be sleeping, but you aren't recovering, if that makes sense.
Dreaming is my drug

User avatar
Hygrophila
Posts: 7
Joined: 27 Jul 2012 11:16

Re: How often lucid dreams occur?

Postby Hygrophila » 30 Jul 2012 17:20

Guitar48300 Yes! The WILD technique. And well... for the first year... I was really tired, but nowdays not so. Sometimes it feels like when I wake up that it was just a normal dream. So I am not tired. But yeah... I have to give up my "everynight lucid dream" dream. :D
"Dreams are more real than reality itself, they're closer to the self." ~Gao Xingjian


Return to “General Lucid Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests