Why is Lucid Dreaming important to you?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
alucidlife

Why is Lucid Dreaming important to you?

Postby alucidlife » 21 Jun 2011 03:19

Hey, I wanted to see what everyone here lucid dreams or wants to learn how to lucid dream.

Since I am asking this about everyone, I will be honest why it was important for me at the beginning and how my importance evolved and is still evolving.

I first got involved with taking a good look at lucid dreaming after I built up enough self confidence to actually believe in myself that I can do it. Then I had to find the right reasons that would keep me going when I would get impatient. For me, after listening to what Edgar Cayce's teachers at his school A.R.E. said about dreams and the power that they hold on a you tube video, did I actually totally submersed myself in learning about lucid dreaming to the deepest core... (and I am still learning!! always!!)

I used to be very interested in prophets, channelers, psychics... etc. Yeah CrAzY right?? Why did I care so much about these people?? Because I lost my mother when I was 20 years old. It was really difficult, my mother had been in a coma for over a month before I got the call from my brother the morning after I saw her for the last time. She was drifting in and out, opening her eyes only for a couple seconds at a time. As I leave for the night, I try to say I love you as I walk out when she lashed out at me, with eyes that made me feel horrible inside. Leaving it at that moment just seemed so unjust, I knew something was seriously wrong that night but I left.... and after nothing was the same.. I wanted to know about life after death, I wanted to know if she was okay, I wanted to know her last thoughts, I wanted to know if she was mad at me. THIS WAS MY INTENTION.

I know there are other lucid dreamers that don't beleive that these characters could be anything more than a projection of your own subconscious mind. But there have been MANY people out there, including Robert Waggoner, that can prove that he can describe someone that he has never even met anymore (see his book Lucid Dreaming:Guide to Your Inner Self) and for others reading this that may be set in there ways.. remember that it was a fact one day that the earth was flat, it was a fact that we would never fly above the clouds, it was a fact that we wouldn't be able to communicate with someone on the other side of the world instantly... and when we get to set in our beliefs, we can't see the bigger picture, our beliefs become everything and therefore we can't see anything else. Luckily there are those 'crazy' people out there that have an amazing imagination.

But still there is no way to tell if who we meet in our dreams are the people that we perceive them to be and after a series of horrible non-lucid dreams. (totally my subconscious) showing my mother throwing herself off a stairway, chasing after me trying to beat me up... etc. that I finally had an amazing break through dream that changed my whole outlook on the importance of lucid dreaming and how it could create a more conscious (lucid) life. I asked her questions, I held her close, I told her how much I loved her and I let her go. Yes, I woke up with my pillow being wet from tears (ok maybe a bit of drool too, lol) but I have never had a more emotional release than that in my life yet.

Now, after a couple of years of experience, I tend to let go of trying to control the outcome of the dream. I shout out my intentions and let my inner self guide me. Right now I am practicing the amazing effects of meditating while making my question clear. (I think I got totally addicted to the way I felt this force wrap around my heart and drive me into the sky before bringing me to the answer of my question for a while) So I am finally trying something new :) I have asked many questions. My most recent questions were how many children i would have and where I would live after the house I am living in now. Just remember if you are going to ask vague questions... you will get vague answers. It is amazing fun to see where your inner self takes you and what could it hurt?? Its just a dream right?

Just so you know, I don't ask to speak to my mother anymore. I finally have closure to move on with this life. I am able to grasp to the good memories, be in the present (half of the time, lol) and know that all things change and not to worry about the future to the point that you can't find gratitude in the present no matter where you are at on your journey. No one step is more important then the other, just ask long as your moving :) (backwards is okay too!!)

Anyways enough about me....

Why is lucid dreaming important to you???? :D

FPConEcho

Re: Why is Lucid Dreaming important to you?

Postby FPConEcho » 21 Jun 2011 06:05

Lucid dreaming isn't really important to me per se, however, I find dreaming intriguing to derive tangible information from. I have horrible short-term memory, which it affects my dream recall. I've psychologically conditioned myself to where when I lucid dream, I immediately try to retrieve information, the acquisition of useful knowledge. Due to my horrible dream recall, the information has been limited to names and acronyms.

Due to recent events, having a bad a short-term memory may no longer be an issue. I'm now interested in experimenting with my dreams even more and look forward to seeing what manifests.

philipsteele

Postby philipsteele » 25 Jun 2011 08:53

lucid dreams are always important to me because it has the extraordinarily ability to make happy t me.. it is a best pleasurable moments.i think every one is consider their lucid dreams as the wonderful moments of their life...... :ugeek:

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 27 Jun 2011 00:14

Wow lucidlife, you used lucid dreaming in a powerful way for your relationship with your mother. I'm glad lucid dreaming was able to help you with that.

Lucid dreaming is important for me, just basically because it is interesting and fun. It's wild, isn't it? When we're lucid dreaming, we're living in an alternate reality in our minds. Everything that we see, "touch", "smell"... it's all in our heads when we're dreaming. It's so unpredictable too. It's really just like exploring a whole different world. So yeah, it really is amazing, and that's why I enjoy the practice of it.

aamorim

Postby aamorim » 27 Jun 2011 00:50

I think Lucid Dreaming can be a important tool for psychological researchs. 8-) ...

--andre
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
--Carl Jung

tornadodude

Postby tornadodude » 28 Jun 2011 02:11

you could say that dreams aren't dreams at all, so much as our spirts exploring new reilitys.

that sounded really cool eh? thought of that myself.I think LDing is important to me because it gives me a chance to explore new places and do new stuff that i couldn't do in real life. i mean, the zombie apocolyps hasn't come yet right? :lol:
you see that picture above my name? ya, you'll be seeing that in your nightmares tonight

poider

Postby poider » 09 Jul 2011 00:55

I started writing a novel many years ago and got to page 160, I was stuck and felt I couldn't express what I wanted, I read about lucid dreaming and thought it would be Ideal.
I could induce the lucid dream and create the world that I was writing about, I could then livein this world in my dreams and when I woke I would be writing about it from real experience, I felt the novel would be much richer if I was writing from experience rather than imagination.
Unfortunately I went through a lot of stuff back then that was too much of distraction and I could't relax enough.
Now I am more settled and am starting out again, from the beginning I am building my dream recall first and that is going well.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 18 Jul 2011 23:59

The main things i love about lucid dreaming is the unparalleled freedom and ultra-detailed dreamscapes.
Dreaming is my drug

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 01 Aug 2011 02:54

Lucid dreaming is important to me because, I feel it is a great opportunity to journey deeper into myself and unlock things I otherwise would have never known. And having the ability to do anything you can imagine is certainly a plus! :D
The mind is a beautiful thing

jkemeny

Postby jkemeny » 10 Aug 2011 22:30

I became interested in lucid dreaming after researching and learning about Near Death Experiences. I have always been interested in "The Meaning of Life" and the possibility of an afterlife. After reading many books on NDE's I started to read about astral projection beginning with Robert Monroe's books. I soon began experimenting on my own and after much trial and error was able to induce my own incredible lucid dream experiences. At the time I had no idea what an amazing new world I had opened for myself. Lucid dreams are important to me for many reasons. As with Alucidlife my experiences have enlightened and resolved many personal issues and continue to do so. Also I love lucid dreaming for the simple pleasure of adventure and entertainment. No drug or alcohol induced mental state ( or 3D movie!) can compare to lucid dreaming. Most importantly I feel my LD's have helped me grow and mature as a person both mentally and spiritually. I could not imagine life without these experiences! Thanks for asking :)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”