Where do I start?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
dexter

Where do I start?

Postby dexter » 30 Jul 2012 08:15

I am new but want to seriously consider lucid dreaming for creative problem solving. I have a few questions

[1] Has anyone used it to for problem solving? Not just art-creative but math-creative as well? I know of Nikolas Tesla and Richard Feynman (of whom I am a great fan btw) used it to solve few problems. I am not quite interested to explore fantasies for LD

[2] I sleep quite "deep" IMO because I can't be easily woken up my sounds like the door bell - not enough to wake me up.

[3] Today was my first day for a Dream Journal and there's some good news and bad news.
Good News - I was completely able to recall one full dream which I took note of with a lengthy write up.
Bad News - I used the DreamZ Lite App but it showed that I had 3 dreams but I can't recollect the other two. Besides, I had used an "audio cue" but I carried on beyond the audio cue (guitar bells - never heard it!) in my sleep. This says I am not turning lucid but dreaming.

[4] In my dreams, I can't really see the surroundings (or I can't remember of them once I wake up). It's only certain parts of the surroundings of interest - like the chair, or a person's face or the door. Any idea why this should be ?

jamjam

RE: Where do I start?

Postby jamjam » 30 Jul 2012 11:43

1. Well... lucid dreams enter your brain... if you're not good at math... I don't think the dream you would be good at math either...
Since the subconscious is active in dreams, you can recall memories more easily. You can also create new ideas and collaborate with your unconscious mind.
So... Yes and no. (Why don't you want to explore fantasies?)
2. Get an alarm clock.
3. I think dreamz is unnatural! The guitar bells might not be heard as guitar bells in your sleep.
4. That's just because your normal dreams are like that. Either that or your dreams are in horrible quality!
When you lucid dream you can fix the horrible quality part.
Now that you know this... I hope you don't quit lucidity!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
jamjam

dexter

Re: Where do I start?

Postby dexter » 30 Jul 2012 12:29

[1] I want to create new ideas but scientific ones! Fantasies are not for me :)

[2] I use my phone vibration to wake up

[4] IDK what to do about this? Which technique do you recommend? I have as of now read about MILD and WILD.

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 30 Jul 2012 14:02

I recommend WBTB (Wake Back To Bed) for beginners.
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-back-to-bed.html you should also read...
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-stay-lucid.html
Have fun lucid dreaming :)

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
jamjam

dexter

Postby dexter » 30 Jul 2012 19:53

Thanks Jam Jam! I am trying WILD as of now. Will try WBTB over the weekend.

Return to “For Beginners”