Semi-Natural Lucid Dreamer

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Armstrong

Semi-Natural Lucid Dreamer

Postby Armstrong » 27 Jun 2011 02:25

Hello! I have always been able to sort of lucid dream. What I mean by that is that I have always known in my dreams that I am dreaming, but then the dream gets fuzzy and vague, like I'm watching an old television. I can never go completely lucid. If you guys have any tips on how to go completely lucid, it would be appreciated. Or any more effective ways to do reality checks. I've been doing them for awhile, and they haven't realy been too effective.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: Semi-Natural Lucid Dreamer

Postby Rebecca » 27 Jun 2011 10:06

Hey ;)

I think these tips will supercharge your lucidity...... especially 2, 3 and 4!

Taken from the article How To Stay Lucid in Dreams and Increase Dream Intensity
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-stay-lucid.html

1. Stay calm - don't run around or shout "I'm dreaming!" if you can help it. It's better to get a grip and relax back into the dream.

2. Rubs your hands together - movement appears to engage the conscious brain and prevent it from changing to a waking state.

3. Look at your hands - focus on your hands close-up to help you notice the finer details which aren't normally present in a dream.

4. Demand "clarity now" - say it out loud and your dreamscene will instantly snap into focus, as per your conscious instruction.

5. Do some mathematics - do a simple arithmetic sum in your head, such as 4 + 4, which engages the logical part of your brain.

If you notice the dream is slipping away (losing color and detail):

6. Spin around - spinning can help stabilize your awareness of the dream, although it can also make the dream scene go black. Save this for when you have more experience and control of the dream state.

7. Fall backwards - again, this relies on the principle that movement helps increase self-awareness within the dream.

Armstrong

Re: Semi-Natural Lucid Dreamer

Postby Armstrong » 27 Jun 2011 14:07

Thanks a lot!

Return to “For Beginners”