was that a lucid dream or not?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
naiant

was that a lucid dream or not?

Postby naiant » 30 Jul 2012 08:51

so this was my first expierience with lucid dreaming (if it actually was lucid dreaming).
i woke up around 4:25 am today and started the WILD method because i researched it yesterday, and it seemed to fit me the most. anyway, so i did the routine, and um.. i'm not really sure what happened. 
i ended up kinda dreaming, but i felt my body in the bed, and it just seemed like a thought to me. as if i was daydreaming. i could do anything i wanted, like control my body in the thought and stuff, but i read that when you lucid dream, it is very vivid and you can use your six senses. well that didn't seem to work. the thoughts were kinda dusty and grey-ish, plus i couldn't smell or feel anything. it was something i've never expierienced before, and i was able to tell that i was dreaming.

so my question is; was i lucid dreaming or not?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Last edited by naiant on 30 Jul 2012 21:20, edited 1 time in total.

jamjam

Re: was that a lucid dream or not?

Postby jamjam » 30 Jul 2012 11:58

No you weren't!
The experience was... HYPNAGOGIA!
You were SO close! You were at the final stage! The stage were you're supposed to "pop" into the dream!

jamjam

Slip

Postby Slip » 30 Jul 2012 21:00

Not quite. :3 I had similar experiences when I was first experimenting with the WILD technique. Hypnagogia is a sort of "half-dream" state, where your consciousness is sort of unraveling, and you start to hallucinate. Once you're into the more advanced stages of hypnagogia, you can visualize and then enter your very own lucid dream! It takes a while to learn all of the signs associated with the beginning of a lucid dream, but once you do it becomes pretty easy.

naiant

Postby naiant » 30 Jul 2012 21:17

jamjam wrote:No you weren't!
The experience was... HYPNAGOGIA!
You were SO close! You were at the final stage! The stage were you're supposed to "pop" into the dream!

oh i see! that makes sense then haha.
thanks for the info. :)

naiant

Postby naiant » 30 Jul 2012 21:18

Slip wrote:Not quite. :3 I had similar experiences when I was first experimenting with the WILD technique. Hypnagogia is a sort of "half-dream" state, where your consciousness is sort of unraveling, and you start to hallucinate. Once you're into the more advanced stages of hypnagogia, you can visualize and then enter your very own lucid dream! It takes a while to learn all of the signs associated with the beginning of a lucid dream, but once you do it becomes pretty easy.

ah, thanks for the info! :)

Slip

Postby Slip » 30 Jul 2012 21:19

naiant wrote:
Slip wrote:Not quite. :3 I had similar experiences when I was first experimenting with the WILD technique. Hypnagogia is a sort of "half-dream" state, where your consciousness is sort of unraveling, and you start to hallucinate. Once you're into the more advanced stages of hypnagogia, you can visualize and then enter your very own lucid dream! It takes a while to learn all of the signs associated with the beginning of a lucid dream, but once you do it becomes pretty easy.

ah, thanks for the info! :)

No problem. Good luck!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”