Can't get past sleep paralysis in WILD

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
wblabla4

Can't get past sleep paralysis in WILD

Postby wblabla4 » 30 Jul 2012 00:21

I'm kinda new to lucid dreaming(i actually never lucid dreamed before) and i saw the WILD technique on this site. I actually gave it a try this night. I was able to get to REM atonia. When i got to that point, i heard a cockroach sound(i have insectophobia and i'm pretty sure my brain made up that sound). I was actually so scared i woke up. I was in the sleep paralysis state and i saw the door open slightly. I saw two purple eyes and i was so scared i didn't even remember to wiggle my toes. It slowly walked on me and leaned over me and slowly said some weird words with a very scary sound. I tried to scream for help but my lips wouldn't move. Then it ended as it started. I tried WILD 2 hours later, no difference(that time i feeled a cockroach crawling on my arms). How can i stop awakening at REM atonia?

jamjam

ADVICE

Postby jamjam » 30 Jul 2012 01:36

SLEEP PARALYSIS BRINGING YOU DOWN?
You were so close!
Don't let the dream world scare you! Think positively and good hallcunations will occur!
I wouldn't call this a sleep disorder!
In sleep paralysis, if you want the visual hallucinations to stop, close your eyes!
Don be scared it's all inside your head!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
jamjam

wblabla4

Re: Can't get past sleep paralysis in WILD

Postby wblabla4 » 30 Jul 2012 22:37

Thanks! I had a LD this afternoon! I was dreaming normally and my mom was going shopping and i heard the door so i woke up for a few seconds but i kept my eyes closed and BOOM! I was lucid! I don't know how this happened but it was A-W-E-S-O-M-E! But it was a 30 sec LD.:( Whatever, i had a LD!

jamjam

Re: Can't get past sleep paralysis in WILD

Postby jamjam » 31 Jul 2012 00:48

You were having REM sleep... and you woke up.
Since you were missing out on REM time... you decided to sleep some more and you were booted back into the same dream.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
jamjam

Return to “Sleep Disorders”