Questions about guided medtitation and WILD

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
AngelXdv
Posts: 84
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 21:42

Questions about guided medtitation and WILD

Postby AngelXdv » 31 Jul 2012 19:54

1:Do I have to sit in a sleep-like position or not?
2:Do I have to VISUALIZE or IMAGINE the envirroment?
3:Do I have to sit until I get to hypnagogia in WILD or just lay down. And how do hypnagogia manifests? Is it like when you watch the sun or the light and then when you close your eyes you see it in other colours or what?
4:Which is the best way to overcome the scary things in SP ?
5:And what it means to silence your inner monologue? As I do in meditation? Breathing meditation?
6:Is it good that in my breathing meditation I meditated for 25 minutes but felt like 10?
7:Which are the signs so I will know when to make the judgement call? Or do I have to figure them myself because they are different for everybody?

jamjam
Posts: 233
Joined: 21 Sep 2011 22:25

Re: Questions about guided medtitation and WILD

Postby jamjam » 31 Jul 2012 20:45

1. For WILD yes... For meditation... no
2. Not if you don't want to
3. Lie down... it's different for everyone because it's created by your subconscious
4. THERE ARE NO SCARY THINGS IN SP
5. It means silence your thoughts
6. That doesn't matter
7. You'll know when you get there

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
jamjam

User avatar
Jack Reacher
Posts: 490
Joined: 21 Jan 2012 05:03
Location: New Zealand

Re: Questions about guided medtitation and WILD

Postby Jack Reacher » 02 Aug 2012 02:53

I dunno man, I find the intense buzzing in my head to be kinda scary in SP, its like nothing I have ever felt but I awlays chase it and it takes me to another place entirely.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Questions about guided medtitation and WILD

Postby Ryan » 04 Aug 2012 03:32

I'm not gonna bother answering the rest, since others have done a fine job.
I will give some insight about the following...

AngelXdv wrote:5:And what it means to silence your inner monologue? As I do in meditation? Breathing meditation?

Try this...
Try holding your breath.
Now, while holding your breath, notice that your inner monologue is much harder to hear... almost impossible.

I've found that by holding your breath, you can almost STOP you inner monologue entirely.

Give it a shot.

THAT is what it means to silence your inner monologue. Now that you know what it's like... try to do it without holding your breath. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

User avatar
Lucid Dreamer
Posts: 137
Joined: 30 Jul 2012 13:39

Re: Questions about guided medtitation and WILD

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 17 Aug 2012 01:19

that is quite interesting, but wouldnt it disrupt your process for wild?
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

alteredstates
Posts: 37
Joined: 13 Aug 2012 10:40

Re: Questions about guided medtitation and WILD

Postby alteredstates » 17 Aug 2012 18:41

Ryan wrote:I'm not gonna bother answering the rest, since others have done a fine job.
I will give some insight about the following...

AngelXdv wrote:5:And what it means to silence your inner monologue? As I do in meditation? Breathing meditation?

Try this...
Try holding your breath.
Now, while holding your breath, notice that your inner monologue is much harder to hear... almost impossible.

I've found that by holding your breath, you can almost STOP you inner monologue entirely.

Give it a shot.

THAT is what it means to silence your inner monologue. Now that you know what it's like... try to do it without holding your breath. :)

Yeah but you can only hold your breath for so long...sometimes you just gotta wait patiently for the thoughts to go away, esp if your mind is constantly full of chatter (like mine) My personal suggestion is just focus on your breathing or your third eye, and just gaze patiently or passively into the darkness in your mind till something happens, because when i read the tips that Rebecca put on the main website she said you can't force these things..sometimes i get really frustrated waiting but you can't do much about it.but it will happen.

alteredstates
Posts: 37
Joined: 13 Aug 2012 10:40

Re: Questions about guided medtitation and WILD

Postby alteredstates » 17 Aug 2012 18:50

AngelXdv wrote:1:Do I have to sit in a sleep-like position or not?
2:Do I have to VISUALIZE or IMAGINE the envirroment?
3:Do I have to sit until I get to hypnagogia in WILD or just lay down. And how do hypnagogia manifests? Is it like when you watch the sun or the light and then when you close your eyes you see it in other colours or what?
4:Which is the best way to overcome the scary things in SP ?
5:And what it means to silence your inner monologue? As I do in meditation? Breathing meditation?
6:Is it good that in my breathing meditation I meditated for 25 minutes but felt like 10?
7:Which are the signs so I will know when to make the judgement call? Or do I have to figure them myself because they are different for everybody?

For number 4:
The latest waking sleep paralysis i experienced was friggin amazing! And it happened twice during the peak of REM sleep. What a rush! My eyes were closed though and i had a sleeping mask (first time nerves) so i didn't observe any waking hallucinations but i keep using the same method everytime i go to bed since to see if i can achieve it again. I am a little jealous of people who have waking SP regularly especially the ones who have them without trying and say they dislike it and its scary! Do you realize its the holy grail of all OOBEs?- Lucid dream, astral projection and other forms of OBE?? Some people do say they encounter scary entities but i feel they can't harm you since you're inside your mind?? At first i thought it was going to be scary because of all the things people were saying online and in forums and stuff but when i had it i thought,"it's not that bad...?" I heard a bunch of voices and vibrations (been attempting astral projection for a while now and am willing to get it by a certain time) I watched a youtube video that a user uploaded and they said there is no reason to fear because he found out that the "entity" he was so afraid of was actually a part of himself.. My advice is to just embrace it.. :D Gooooooooooooood luck!

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Questions about guided medtitation and WILD

Postby Ryan » 17 Aug 2012 22:38

hehe
I don't mean hold your breath WHILE you meditate.

I mean hold your breath to understand what it means to quiet your surface thoughts. Then, when you understand that... start breathing again and use your new found knowledge to your benefit. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

User avatar
Lucid Dreamer
Posts: 137
Joined: 30 Jul 2012 13:39

Re: Questions about guided medtitation and WILD

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 19 Aug 2012 15:13

oooh. i get it.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

alteredstates
Posts: 37
Joined: 13 Aug 2012 10:40

Re: Questions about guided medtitation and WILD

Postby alteredstates » 26 Aug 2012 12:18

I hope u understood now AngelxvD??? :D


Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest