WBTB technique question, and another question. :S

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LCDAnthony

WBTB technique question, and another question. :S

Postby LCDAnthony » 31 Jul 2012 19:19

Ever since I've done my first attempt at the Wake Back To Bed Technique, I can't remember my dreams very well. They have.. basically depleted. My first attempt Dreams were kind of hard to remember. Same goes for the second attempt. But last night my brother's iPod alarm woke me up at 2:30-ish. Even though I knew that it was a wrong time to wake up (Last night I was just trying the MILD Technique) but I just went with what happened. But I couldn't remember a single dream. Well I mean I remember having a dream but I can't recall what it was about. On top of that I feel very unmotivated to try to Lucid. But I want to really bad.

Second question... I feel very unmotivated (As stated last paragraph). I don't know if it's just because of the WBTB technique. But when I didn't do the method, my dreams are more vivid and more clear. So should I just stop the WBTB technique all together? I don't know if the technique is just draining me of this feeling of my motivation or what. Because that exact day when I decided I was going to do the WBTB I was motivated for sure! I feel motivated right now but.. not as much as the first day. So how can I regain this motivation?
):

jamjam

Re: WBTB technique question, and another question. :S

Postby jamjam » 31 Jul 2012 20:23

WHAT? 2:30!? You're supposed to wake up at 6:00 get out of bed and think about lucid dreaming for twenty minutes... and them return to bed and sleep Normally!
You say you are sleeping 9-10 hours right? Maybe you're getting up just as you're entering REM time! Sleep a little longer and see what happens...

Think about all that fun stuff you're never going to do if you quit lucid dreaming!
[ Post made via motivation ] Image
jamjam

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 31 Jul 2012 22:10

No Jamjam, my brothers iPod alarm woke me up at 2:30 on accident. I wasn't planning on that happening. It was so sudden in fact I was mad. :(

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 01 Aug 2012 23:25

If you are going to do WBTB, then it's good to time waking up during a 90 minute REM sleep cycle. This way, as you drift back to sleep, your body will hopefully go straight back into REM sleep (where the dreams happen :P) and you should still be conscious enough to become lucid. Perhaps you should also work on your dream recall too. Do you use a dream journal? See Rebecca's article on WBTB for more detail:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-back-to-bed.html

Don't worry about being unmotivated, we all are from time to time :P I'm sure you'll naturally get back into the swing of things soon :)
Dreaming is my drug

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 02 Aug 2012 00:03

I feel like the WBTB isn't for me.. I'm going to try the DEILD Technique when I wake up tomorrow.

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 02 Aug 2012 00:41

That means you'll have to wakeup directly from a dream!
How are you going to do that?
Your alarm won't know if your having REM time!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
jamjam

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 02 Aug 2012 04:07

I naturally wake up at the end of dreams. I don't know how. Like one time I was in a field with a friend and I was on this balloon chair thing and when I landed on the ground I woke up

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 02 Aug 2012 20:10

Whenever I feel unmotivated to lucid dream I just think to myself "Too bad, I'm trying it anyway."
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Peter

Postby Peter » 02 Aug 2012 21:34

I dont believe that you can get motivated in the way that most people think about it. Motivation does not come in a bottle or a pill and so you cant insert motivation into your life. You need take some action that sets up the environment for motivation to appear. It is the by-product of a good process and will arrive like a welcome guest if you allow it to.

If I am "unmotivated" then I go ride my bike, I dont want to and I resist and muck around like most people and when I do get out I am sulky and un-wanting to ride for a while and then it all disappears and I am on top of my game once more. It is not motivation that gets me out but at some stage it appears and I feel good and get on with a full life once more.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”