Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
reynaldi

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby reynaldi » 01 Aug 2012 09:13

@lucid dreamer

why don't you try the WBTB technique
usually, i can't remember my dreams too, but since i try the WBTB technique, i remember my dreams clearly every night!

oh and.. i did that too here > http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1960
sorry for my english..

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 01 Aug 2012 18:20

thanks. what is that technique again? can you please explain it?

Guess what!? i had my forst lucid dream last night! i dont remember anything except for when i realized that i was dreaming and howni got really excited then i remembered to calm down. i jumped off some stairs to try and fly, but it didnt work. then i yelled my dream! i control it!. a girl came up to me and said, what? i was like, i am dreaming. thats all i remember. i know for sure it was a lucid dream, but looking back on it i keep questioning myself and the dream seems so dreamlike and not real. when you remember lucid dreams, is it supossed to feel this way? maybe it is because i didnt remember all of it...

Also, it seems familiar thinking back on my lucid dream. the excitement seemed very familiar, and then trying to do the impossible. in fact it seems very familiar. not the exact dream, but the emotions and actions associated with this dream. why? its almost spooky to me how familiar it is. i felt like i have had this before maybe? if i have, i don't remember it at all.

Also, i found out today that my sailing instructor lucid dreams alot! i described what it was to him and he was like, that happens to me all the time. i enfesezed how diffeent it is from a regular dream, but he still said yes. he told me about how in his dreams he always starts out in an underground dirt room below his house. also he says that he always has a brother in his dreams even though he doesnt in real life. he says he's never tried anything impossible, he just likes to explore. especially houses he says. he says he chooses which underground tunnels to take and just where to explore. isnt this cool? how has he done it with out even trying? i mean, it took me about a week to, and others months!

once again, sorry for sooo many questions, this topic just interests me so much and i get really excited when thinking about it.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

niallnandos

Sleep paralyses Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby niallnandos » 02 Aug 2012 11:09

hi
I've been trying to lucid dream again for the past two weeks..
sorry this may be longwinded but
i have a few questions:
I've had sleep paralyse before last year but i panicked and didn't know what to do so i fully woke up..
so this time to achieve lucid dreaming i just have to sleep paralyse myself again (by not moving at all for 20 mins)
and then what do i do after that??
I've read sooo many forums and websites about the techniques and what to do next but so many contradict each other (e.g some say to open your physical eyes and some say never open your physical eyes..) :|
and also I'm very paranoid that i might get stuck in a nightmare but I've tried to tell myself that i can wake up anytime and that i am in charge of my dreams.. but it just isn't persuading me! :?
and also some say that a 'false awaking' means that you open your physical eyes and see that your in your room but you may not be??

ANYWAY I'm so confused!

so can someone tell me the exact steps after sleep paralyses??

thank you in advance! :)
Thanks in advance~ :)

alexis5898

Postby alexis5898 » 02 Aug 2012 17:26

Hello my name is Alexis & i'm new at this i heard of lucid dreaming because my boyfriend is interested in mediation & entering the spirit world , I heard of lucid dreaming & i always wanted to try it . I have dreams most of the time i remember them but not everything that happens in them . First off i don't know if you can lucid dream at anytime day or night. How long does it take for you to start dreaming? do you have to lay perfectly still? I really need these questions answered because i really want to do it but i don't know if i just stay still clear my mind , have my hands beside me & just close my eyes & wait . i have tried that but it seems not to work , I always try to lucid dream in the morning or in the day time. But am i doing it wrong , Please help thanks .

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 02 Aug 2012 19:00

... There is no spirit world :/
If you're going to lucid dream because of some spirit world nonsense... I highly doubt you will succeed...
Lucid dreaming isn't about spirit world palm reading psychic nonsense!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
jamjam

Sander

Postby Sander » 02 Aug 2012 21:43

alexis5898 wrote:Hello my name is Alexis & i'm new at this i heard of lucid dreaming because my boyfriend is interested in mediation & entering the spirit world , I heard of lucid dreaming & i always wanted to try it . I have dreams most of the time i remember them but not everything that happens in them . First off i don't know if you can lucid dream at anytime day or night. How long does it take for you to start dreaming? do you have to lay perfectly still? I really need these questions answered because i really want to do it but i don't know if i just stay still clear my mind , have my hands beside me & just close my eyes & wait . i have tried that but it seems not to work , I always try to lucid dream in the morning or in the day time. But am i doing it wrong , Please help thanks .

i suggest you thoroughly read rebecca's blog about lucid dreaming, before continuing. Lucid dreaming is more than just laying still and wishing for it to happen (it CAN work that way, but don't hope for much succes). I've been trying to lucid dream for half a month and made little progress. Training your brain to lucid dream takes time, discipline and perseverance.

I also suggest your read Stephen Laberge's book Exploring the orld of Lucid Dreaming for tips on how to get started.

good luck! :)
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

Roseburg

Re: How to re-enter lucid dreaming?

Postby Roseburg » 08 Aug 2012 05:56

I was an avid LDer, during the most active time in my LDing I was having one just about every night several months in a row. I had learned to obtain Lucidity, how to keep my lucid state from falling apart, how to intensify recall, how to work on different tasks. I was really doing fantastic, then life became to hectic, I could not meditate in the evening, I could not sleep enough to induce LD during a daytime nap. I slid once agian into mindless dreaming, fallowing along with the story line and that is where I am today. I need an expert LDr to please give me some advice about how to get back to where I was. Any help would be great. :geek:

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Aug 2012 06:47

Advice from my young daughter is fine here, do more of what was working and less of what isnt....

Thats what she told me a while back on something else I was up to and at a x-roads. You know what works and there is no easy way to get past that
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

SecretBeauty<3

Postby SecretBeauty<3 » 10 Aug 2012 04:57

Ok so umm I'm not really sure how this works, am I just supposed to ask a question? Well ok I have a lot of questions. I'm 13 and I just found out about Lucid dreaming but I find it so interesting and I cant stop thinking about it and I want to get started but my friend tried it and she said it was the most scary thing ever, but i think she might have just experienced sleep paralysis. Thats why I'm here. I want to know how to have a Lucid dream the safest way possible. Can anyone give me any tips. And by tips I mean step by step instructions :lol: I really want to get started as soon as possible but I also want to do this the smart way and know all the facts before I get started so like I need a mentor or something so please someone help me. I honestly cant wait to get started :)

Roseburg

Postby Roseburg » 10 Aug 2012 07:51

First off, I am not sure what part of becoming aware of your consciencness during dreaming would be scary? I have NEVER felt afraid of a lucid dream. At first when I was talking to dream people or looking in mirrors I would feel fear, because my inner consciencness was begining to wake up and sometimes the things we hide from ourselves can seem scary. In reality they are only waiting to be worked out through our dreaming. Now I am never scared of a dream person and have sucessfully used mirrors in lucids as portals to get around faster. I have actually incountered dream people that are in different catagories. the basic variety are mindless drones,very flat and 2 dimensional, they can be manipulated through your own thought projections twords them. They will only say and do things that you know that they will do. These might just be projections of your sub conscience. I have also met suprising beings, ones that have acted in ways that I was not expecting, or have said things things I was not expecting. These people seem deeper, richer, real they seem to have a root in reality and are aware that I am dreaming- sometimes they are helpful, if I am of an open mind and not just barging around pretending i am in charge. In one case I asked a being called Garrold Orange if he was real - he replied, yes. I asked if he was dead, he laughed and replied no, I asked what he was and he answered "a spiritual being". I asked him if Heaven was real and he patiently smiled and said "Yes, but not like you think it is." I had none of these ideas in my thoughts at the time of the conversation, yet he suprised me with ginuine and informative answers. I recommend starting out by reading some of the great books on this subject. I am reading "Tebetin Dream Yoga" it is facinating and I am hoping to uise it when I become lucid agian, to work out some of my balence and spirituality issues. Google- Stephen Laberg and Robbert Wagonner- YOU CANNOT go wrong with these two authors, they are informative and well practiced in their own right as Lucid Dreamers. They are excellent books to begin with. I also read an online magazine (free - yea!) called the Lucid Dreaming Exchange, it is informative and by Stephen Le-Berg I believe. YOu must know that you will never break through the lucid barrier if you remain afraid, you are only fearing yourself, and that is pretty silly if you think about it. Maybe your friend has some issues they do not wish to work on and this is what is scary to them. Good luck, become informed and you will have absolutly NOTHING to fear.

Return to “For Beginners”