Reality Check Issue/How Vivid is a Lucid Dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Untouchable

Reality Check Issue/How Vivid is a Lucid Dream?

Postby Untouchable » 31 Jul 2012 14:09

I have been having issues with reality checks with in my dreams. I don't know if its part of the dream plot or if something else but here is the story.

I have been having dreams and keep semi waking up in the middle of the night. I keep saying "Reality Check" like 20 times during the semi-wake up and with in the dream but nothing happens. It's kind of like screaming but you can't be heard.

Also, I do reality checks constantly during the day so that part is handled as part of the tips.

My other question is as for when in a lucid dream... is it as real as when you are awake or is it a percentage of real life awake living? I am just trying to identify where I am in this trying to be lucid....=*(

lucidinthe sky

Re: Reality Check Issue/How Vivid is a Lucid Dream?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 Aug 2012 03:59

Untouchable wrote:My other question is as for when in a lucid dream... is it as real as when you are awake or is it a percentage of real life awake living? I am just trying to identify where I am in this trying to be lucid....=*(

Most of my Lds are 100% as real as waking life, so much so that I sometimes wake myself up because I can't accept it and fit it into my concept of reality.

In some of my first LDs, I spent most of time almost in shock, eyes wide open, touching everything and shaking my head in disbelief, thinking to myself that it can't be a dream even though I was sure it was.

For me the realism of it is the best part, I don;t really care much about controlling things, just experiencing the reality is enough for me.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 01 Aug 2012 04:05

Don't give up ! As soon as you have your 1st vivid lucid experience it will all be worth it.

Untouchable

Postby Untouchable » 01 Aug 2012 14:13

Last night i had some vivid dreams but for some reason I can't seem to cross over to lucidity... it's like I am telling myself you are in a dream but can't seem to wake my consciousness up... it's like in between worlds.... Any suggestions?

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 01 Aug 2012 21:06

untouchable, a reality check is not saying reality check. it is really checking. look for oddities in everyday things. try and float, try and push your hand through a wall, rub your hands together, yell calrity now. say out loud. this is a dream. i am lucid, i am dreaming, the world is vivid. something like that. this will most likely snap you into consciousness.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Untouchable

Postby Untouchable » 02 Aug 2012 00:59

I understand that but instead of doing the checks I seem to yell the word... its weird... I also seem to wake up alot at night in between dreams although i remember them very well... probably just need more practice....

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 02 Aug 2012 23:20

hmm. that is odd. try and do more physical reality checks. one of mine is running because i know in dreams that when ever i run my feet feel so heavy and i cant run fast at all. its really frustrating in my dreams in fact. but maybe try more physical ones? im not sure if thatll help but its worth a try.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Return to “For Beginners”