Lucid or Crossing into Lucidity?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Untouchable

Lucid or Crossing into Lucidity?

Postby Untouchable » 01 Aug 2012 14:57

Last night I had 5 dreams... all were vivid but not to the point that people would say lucid. I just remember them very well and I have had all 5 dreams before except the characters were updated with my current circle of people i know in real life.

In one of the dream there was a huge explosion and I felt the shake of the explosion but I know for sure I wasn't lucid because it didn't feel as people say lucidity feels.

Also, during the dreams I saw my self asking if it was a dream and doing the reality checks but still I didn't cross over or nor did it seem to work, except maybe for one dream that did something weird.... i saw like the clouds opening and the sun going through and BAM woke up.

Finally, I wake up a lot in between dreams as if they are some kind of episode or something before the next dream starts. Can someone explain what's going on and what can I do to cross over?

torakrubik

Re: Lucid or Crossing into Lucidity?

Postby torakrubik » 01 Aug 2012 23:16

You were lucid if you were fully aware that you were dreaming. It sounds like you were almost there, 'semi-lucid'.
Dreaming is my drug

Untouchable

Postby Untouchable » 02 Aug 2012 00:52

:( :( :( :( :( i hhave been asking the same questions for a while and no one seems to have had a concrete answer... I just want to know what is happening and am i making some kind of progress..

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 02 Aug 2012 03:39

Untouchable wrote::( :( :( :( :( i hhave been asking the same questions for a while and no one seems to have had a concrete answer... I just want to know what is happening and am i making some kind of progress..

Learn to discern the difference on your own.

It's really simple... ask yourself this simple question: Did you know you were dreaming while you were dreaming?

If yes, it was a lucid dream.
If no, it was a normal dream.

It's really just that simple. You don't need other people to confirm or deny your experience for you. :)

Also, don't fall into the trap of thinking an experience wasn't something because it wasn't "what someone said it should be". You're an unique individual... use your own judgment.

http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/2012/07/22/labeling-experiences-of-the-non-physical/
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Aug 2012 09:16

Ryan is right. You either know or don't know and it is personal. I've had some lucid dreams in which I know I am dreaming beyond a shadow of a doubt, BUT IT IS JUST SO BORING AND VAGUE! Sometimes my regular dreams are more exciting....

You say you wake up after dreams and go back to sleep. That is a good recipe for lucid dreaming. In fact if you wake up, but don't open your eyes and just stay perfectly still, you might experience a hypnogogic state (there's some articles on the website about it that explain it better than I ever can...) And that can lead to some interesting lucid dreams.

I wish I had a concrete answer but if you wake up between dreams and remember them and go back to sleep again.... that sounds like the recipe for lucid dreaming to me. You know how you can recall your dreams when you are awake? Do that when you are in a dream again and it will just click!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”