my first lucid dream and other q's

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lucid Dreamer

my first lucid dream and other q's

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 01 Aug 2012 19:14

these are all past post and i think that there are too many so i decided to just put them in an individule topic started by me. i would love any response. thank you so much!

Hello. i have a couple of questions. so. the first step for a beginner is to have a dream book right? perfect! ive been recording my dreams ever since i was oh, about eight, maybe younger, just because it was fun and interesting. I am currently 14. but the thing is, despite this, i do not remember a dream every night. i only remember a couple a week.

Also, the first two nights i discovered this website, i dreamt. i didn't remember the dreams, but i know i dreamed. i felt it. you know? and when i woke up i was like to myself, "i had a lucid dream." but in the dream, it was all a blur. i mean, i think i may have become lucid in the dream, but i am not sure. this has happened for three nights and is frustrating. i do not know if i am lucid dreaming or not. in the dream i think that i know i am dreaming, but being awake, i am just not sure and everything is so blurry and unsure. can you please help me? is this what it is supposed to feel like in the beginning? is this was you felt? The person who created this website said that her first lucid dream was clear and she really knew that she was lucid dreaming. she said that she ran around in excitement. I just don't know and am very confused.

thank you.

Also, i have had dreams where i realized that i was awake, but just continued on to dream normally. Example: i was at camp talking to someone and then i realized i was dreaming. i said to her, "wait, this is a dream. look. i only brought my small suitcase with only two things in it." and thats it.

Another question; sometimes i have a dream where i am not aware of when i am dreaming, but i still try to control it. like once i had a dream where i got mail on my bed at camp. the entire dream i was going to open it but things kept popping up that prevented me from doing it. i never ended up opening my mail. i was not consious, this is just what happened in my dream. i was trying the entire time to open my mail. what is this?

sorry for the many questions. once again, thank you.

what is the wbtb technique again?

Guess what!? i had my forst lucid dream last night! i dont remember anything except for when i realized that i was dreaming and howni got really excited then i remembered to calm down. i jumped off some stairs to try and fly, but it didnt work. then i yelled my dream! i control it!. a girl came up to me and said, what? i was like, i am dreaming. thats all i remember. i know for sure it was a lucid dream, but looking back on it i keep questioning myself and the dream seems so dreamlike and not real. when you remember lucid dreams, is it supossed to feel this way? maybe it is because i didnt remember all of it...

Also, it seems familiar thinking back on my lucid dream. the excitement seemed very familiar, and then trying to do the impossible. in fact it seems very familiar. not the exact dream, but the emotions and actions associated with this dream. why? its almost spooky to me how familiar it is. i felt like i have had this before maybe? if i have, i don't remember it at all.

Also, i found out today that my sailing instructor lucid dreams alot! i described what it was to him and he was like, that happens to me all the time. i enfesezed how diffeent it is from a regular dream, but he still said yes. he told me about how in his dreams he always starts out in an underground dirt room below his house. also he says that he always has a brother in his dreams even though he doesnt in real life. he says he's never tried anything impossible, he just likes to explore. especially houses he says. he says he chooses which underground tunnels to take and just where to explore. isnt this cool? how has he done it with out even trying? i mean, it took me about a week to, and others months!

once again, sorry for sooo many questions, this topic just interests me so much and i get really excited when thinking about it.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

jamjam

Re: my first lucid dream and other q's

Postby jamjam » 01 Aug 2012 19:48

English isn't your first language huh? That's okay!
1. You didn't stabilise your lucid dreams and that's why you forgot them.
2. That was a dream about lucid dreaming!
3. I wouldn't call that a dream of you trying to control it... it's just a dream that you were trying to open a letter.
4. WBTB! Just read Rebecca's article!
5. I really don't think he was lucid dreaming...

Lucid dreams aren't a about control! You have a lot to learn!
I'd say what too!
You don't control all of the dream! Your subconscious does! If you aren't nice to him/her... the dream will hate you!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
jamjam

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 01 Aug 2012 20:55

i was going to be all insulted and laughed when you said english was not my first language. then i realized that you were right! although i have know english ever since i started to talk. i also have lived in the usa all of my life. so english is basically my first language. why do you say that it is not?

1. how do you stablize a lucid dream? i know that you say things like clarity now and stuff. but is that stablizing it?

also you say that lucid dreaming is not all about control. what is it about then? can you explain to me please? i have done alot of research on this website by the way and obviously i do not completely understand.

Also, that last part about being nice to the dream, what were you responding to? i wasnt ever mean to the dream. could you further explain in depth what you meant in all of your awnsers? sorry for being like this its just i want to know as much as possible. i want to learn so badly. thank you so much for your reply!
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 01 Aug 2012 23:10

What is your first language?
I had that assumption because of your grammar and your spelling... if I was wrong then... sorry!
Here are some of the proven methods...
1. Falling backwards
2. Rubbing your hands
3. Clarity now!
4. Spinning
5. Looking at your hands
6. Touching/hearing things

LESSON ONE
Lucid dreaming is about being conscious in the dream!
That's all!
Dream control is a (sometimes) added benefit given to you by your subconscious!

I'd be mad at you for saying I'M IN CONTROL!
Let's say you were God and you gave a guy superpowers, and then he starts acting all cocky...
I'd be realllllllly mad! Instead of just saying WHAT I'd smack you in the face!
I would be nicer to your "God"
He/she creates the dream and you edit it!
He/she will overpower your decisions!

jamjam

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 01 Aug 2012 23:43

My first language is spanish because i had a guatemalan nanny since before i was born. i knew both and was fluent in both. sorry about my spelling. im not the best at it. grammar too. sorry. ill try to do better.

For the falling backwards and spinning, i have heard that that sometimes startles people awake.

For my yelling this is my dream and stuff, that was what all of the people have said. when people have trouble with flying, they have said that you have to keep reminding your subconscious mind that it is possible to fly and that you control it. but i get that analogy. hehe i wonder what would happen if you turned your subconscious mind against you. how do i make myself fly then?

Also for the control part, i thought that that was an essential part of the dreams because i have had dreams before where i was aware i was dreaming and i just continued on. this was not lucid i dont think though. are you sure that it is just consciousness?

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 02 Aug 2012 00:29

Yes, it's just consciousness!
That's the first thing you learn about lucid dreaming!
A lucid dream is a dream that you're aware that it's a dream!

It doesn't startle you awake! For people who say that, it's just a false awakening!
Check every time you wakeup to make sure it's not a false awakening!

If you want to fly, you could just ask your subconscious!
Something along the lines of "Hey... could you give me the ability to fly?"
Just ask your dream/subconscious!
No! It's not tricking your subconscious mind, it's tricking your conscious mind!

jamjam

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 02 Aug 2012 04:16

so ive definatly lucid dreamed before this.

do i make sure its a false awakening by doing the same dream stablizers?

huh, your right. asking. but what if it doesnt allow me even if i ask?

btw, thank you so much for your help and awnsering all of my questions.

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 02 Aug 2012 15:39

You make sure it's not a false awakening by doing a reality check, stabilising is after your lucid.
If it doesn't... then don't fly, your subconscious knows what's best for you!

jamjam

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 02 Aug 2012 23:15

okay. thanks. and do you know why my excitement i becoming lucid seemed so familiar to me? i mean the easy awnser was that i had a lucid dream before and just didn't remember it. but it was so spooky how familiar it was to me. like i got that excitement more than one time before.

Peter

Postby Peter » 03 Aug 2012 08:31

most likely as you suggest that you have had these dreams or some very similar before but no recall and now its all coming together, getting lucid and better recall and so it all feels familiar
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”