What about 'Dreams About Lucid Dreaming'?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Peter

Re: What about 'Dreams About Lucid Dreaming'?

Postby Peter » 05 Aug 2012 07:39

Ok I will have to bail on this one and sit back and read the posts as I dont think I have had them. I will see what I can pick up from other members
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 05 Aug 2012 08:26

So its kinda like the philosophical zombie argument? IT is happening but no one is experiencing it?
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Postby Peter » 05 Aug 2012 08:35

sort of is and sort of isnt... I dont get it as it seems to be out of my range of experience
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 05 Aug 2012 16:43

Yeah in definition discussions... I think we all lose. LoL
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 05 Aug 2012 16:59

I think it's easier to understand if you look at dreams as experiences. Before I got into lucid dreaming, dreams happened, but were not experiences for me because there was no awareness during the dream therefore it could not be experienced in the same way as something like driving a car. Before I drove a car I never had dreams about driving a car because I never had the experience, although I still could have imagined it.

Now there are dreams about dreaming and being lucid. This is where the confusion comes, but it's really no more difficult to imagine than dreaming that you have woken up. What's confusing sometimes is trying to figure out whether you were lucid. Dreaming about being aware and actually being aware are not the same, but if the dream is very vivid it becomes confusing after you wake up.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 05 Aug 2012 21:14

I think with more dreams under the belt it might sort itself for a lot of people. No awareness - not lucid, or only lucid with awareness. All others are great but non-lucid. The gap closes but the definition remains the same. Also part of the issue might be people wanting to say they were lucid, its a lot more mainstream now and who wants to be left out, its like WILD as once you get lucid it seems that its not as good as getting lucid from a WILD. We should give more respect to the non-lucids after all they come first.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”