Newbie question: Addiction to lucid dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LucidCub

Newbie question: Addiction to lucid dreaming

Postby LucidCub » 05 Aug 2012 21:55

I have never had a lucid dream (so far as I can remember), not one where I realized I could control it anyway (perhaps if I had I would know the answer to the question). I've been thinking about all that I've read about LDing in the past few months I've been trying to do it and I have a question. Lucid dreams sound like the most amazing thing ever, if you can do whatever you want and it feels real then why aren't people addicted to it and spending all their time stuck in a lucid dream? I mean, I'm glad it isn't happening, but I'm suprised it isn't.
Does anyone have an answer?
"There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way." - The Buddha.

torakrubik

Re: Newbie question: Addiction to lucid dreaming

Postby torakrubik » 05 Aug 2012 23:59

Well LDs are pretty much the greatest thing ever :)

I think for some people, if they could stay in LDs forever, perhaps they would :P. The problem is, it takes a lot of effort to maintain lucidity for a long time...eventually you either wake up or lose lucidity. I've heard somewhere that, given enough willpower, one can stay lucid for as long as one wishes. However, personally i'm skeptical about that one...
Dreaming is my drug

Peter

Re: Newbie question: Addiction to lucid dreaming

Postby Peter » 06 Aug 2012 04:45

just like when you are awake you will in time fall asleep, in lucid dreaming in time you will snap out of it. It takes effort, intent and sugar so there would have to be a time to stop and refuel as well
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”