Out of wack sleep cycles

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Shadow

Re: Out of wack sleep cycles

Postby Shadow » 04 Aug 2012 21:03

My sleep cycle is crazy. I'm a night owl. I feel like I would have more lucid dreams if i went to sleep at a normal time. I remember reading somewhere that your more likely to have a lucid dream in the morning but I dont know if thats true or not.

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Aug 2012 04:51

Night owl is plan old BS. A study showed that people out camping or in a similar situation will naturally go to bed on dark and wake up before light and this study had a fair amount of night owls in there. What you have is a habit and you can enjoy it and work round it or change but it is a choice not what you are.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Shadow

Re: Out of wack sleep cycle

Postby Shadow » 06 Aug 2012 07:52

Night owl is just an expression. However some research has shown that differences in the circadian rhythm can effect whether your a morning or a night person. Circadian rhytms is basically like your biological clock. You could even have a medical condition like delayed sleep phase disorder, which makes it hard to get out of bed or sleep at a normal time. Everybody is different. I know for sure i'm not a morning person whilst my sister has no problem getting up. Ever heard of the term early bird ? W

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Aug 2012 10:45

That is exactly what this study was about and it showed that with no sense of time the body adapted to going to bed on dark and waking up on daylight.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”