Was this a lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Brian

Was this a lucid dream?

Postby Brian » 06 Aug 2012 12:26

(Went to bed around 10:30 PM) So around 3:50 AM I woke up and went to take a shower. At around 4:10 AM I did a meditation until 4:25 AM. So right after I did the WILD technique and I fell into a dream. I started to dream about where I am living at my grand mothers houses where my Uncle's stuffs are (PC room,Camera etc)...And then I started to think about my old class mates from other schools...I stood up and went to the bathroom, but my brother was taking a shower in there..So I decided to go in the front to check the windows and I saw the front door had about 5 wood plants from small to normal size on the glass in order to protect it since the glass was broken..and there was a line holding the woods planks together with the other window at the right side of the door...When I looked outside I saw some rusty grungy cars (normal look, but with grungy stuff on them) running backwards and when I look at the front door I saw 2 trucks going to the left side...So I was thinking wait why I am seeing these cars? So I went back to my room (Uncle's room) and started to do the finger technique which is the one where you try to pass your fingers through your hands and I asked myself am I dreaming, I kept repeating for about 16 times and then I heard a deep low voice that said "Yes, you're dreaming" after that I felt like some sort of weird sensation/electricity shock (I guess? Not sure how to describe it) and it woke up, but I didn't woke up as quickly since I was thinking more about the sensation, but it calmed down on its own then I decided to woke up and write up the dream. By the way I woke up around 5:32 AM.

Questions:
-Was that a lucid dreaming even though I had no control over it?
-What was the voice that I heard?

Denmonation

Re: Was this a lucid dream?

Postby Denmonation » 07 Aug 2012 07:09

Generally, if you have to ask if it was a lucid dream, it probably wasn't. It looks like you were very close to lucidity, but never had that a-ha moment where you said "Yes, I'm dreaming." Without that realization it's not a LD. But you are very close.

And that voice was probably your subconscious trying to get you to realize it's a dream.

Brian

Re: Was this a lucid dream?

Postby Brian » 07 Aug 2012 19:24

Denmonation wrote:Generally, if you have to ask if it was a lucid dream, it probably wasn't. It looks like you were very close to lucidity, but never had that a-ha moment where you said "Yes, I'm dreaming." Without that realization it's not a LD. But you are very close.

And that voice was probably your subconscious trying to get you to realize it's a dream.

Thanks for taking your time to respond my question. It seems that not many peoples care to take some time to help the beginners with Lucid Dreaming ;)

Return to “For Beginners”