I have trouble sleeping, I dream a lot.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
stormsyr

I have trouble sleeping, I dream a lot.

Postby stormsyr » 07 Aug 2012 20:28

Hey, I have trouble sleeping, I wake up a LOT. Sometimes I awaken fully every hour on the hour(clock checks) for sometimes upto 5 hours in a row. Other times I just start to awake, realize i've awoken, moan, roll over and go back to sleep.

During these awakenings I'm usually dreaming before I awake(usually try to finish the dream as I go back to sleep, it was interesting!!).

I have a few questions about this.

Should I wake myself up enough to write in my dream journal?
As of now I do not(I just make a mental note of the dream to remember it when I wake. Mostly I forget it by that time, but can remember some of them). I worry that it would hinder my sleep even more to awaken enough to write and contemplate all that happened in my dream, sometimes I can remember 5-20 minutes+ of writable dreaming at these points.

How, if in any way, can I use this to my advantage to lucid dream? Would this be a good time to try to induce a WILD? In this foggy state I can exert a certain control over my dreams(enough to recreate the scene I had been in to try to finish the dream).

Denmonation

Re: I have trouble sleeping, I dream a lot.

Postby Denmonation » 09 Aug 2012 06:50

I like to keep my phone bedside. Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night, I just turn it on, make a quick note of what happened without much detail, and go right back to bed. You could also just use pencil and paper or whatever you like to journal with.

If you had a dream about walking up the stairs to your school, seeing a brown dog on your left, talking with your buddy named Alex on the right about science class, and you then proceed to have a very vivid dream about your school day, you could note something like "talking with Alex on way into school, talk about science class, full school day." You would be able to fall right back asleep, then when you wake up for real you right down the most recent dream, and then begin journaling about your school dream starting from the very beginning. Then when you get to the part about talking about science, you hopefully will have all the details rush back.

Don't note with one word. If you write down "school, dog, science class, Alex" and then go back to sleep, you'll completely forget how these words are related.

It's not a big deal if you can't remember every dream. Just focus on remembering the dream you have prior to waking up for real. Eventually dream recall will improve a lot and you'll remember more dreams.

Return to “For Beginners”