Paralysis. Can I use this to LD?

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.

Paralysis. Can I use this to LD?

Postby stormsyr » 07 Aug 2012 20:20

Wasn't sure where to put this...

Hi, I'm still new to lucid dreaming, and I have yet to have my first LD, but I constantly have sleep paralysis. Just last night I felt as though an ant(big one, about half inch) was crawling on me, but I couldn't move to knock it away. After desperately willing myself to do so I finally moved and became aware(as I started to move) that it had been a dream, and I had been paralyzed.

Generally I am aware that i'm in a paralyzed state since I know whatever it is that's happening, cannot be. (The ant couldn't have gotten onto the middle of my back without me noticing, then to another part of my back without me feeling it crawl all the way there).

I have been having around 3+ instances of paralysis a month as of late, so I'm wondering if there is any way I can use it to help me LD? Or is it a completely separate state of dreaming? Usually when it happens I just say meh it's not real and go back to sleep. Sometimes i'm not 100% sure, so I force myself to move to make sure, then i'm awake.

Can I tell myself it's not real that it's a dream, and try to control it till I slip into a lucid state, or some other technique?

Re: Paralysis. Can I use this to LD?

Postby torakrubik » 07 Aug 2012 23:09

You can use it as part of WILD. There are articles on this site which explain exactly what to do when in the sleep paralysis stage; although you will need to practice to find exactly what works for you.
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”