Creating a dreamsign

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.

Creating a dreamsign

Postby Beethoven » 14 Jun 2012 19:02

Dreams can be so confusing, and it can be difficult to know what to use as dreamsigns, and how to use them. Years ago I had the idea of actually creating one that you haven't dreamed about before. Like most of my other ideas it mostly remains untouched! I need to spend longer working on them.

So, let's say that you wanted your dreamsign to be Clint Eastwood. You'd keep watching clips of him on YouTube (I couldn't have done that years ago!) and think about him a lot. Hopefully, he'd come into your dreams and hopefully you'd realise that it's a dream. Phew! Easier said than done eh!!!

Being with Clint Eastwood seems more obvious than say being out with your friends etc. But, let me get one thing straight. Clint Eastwood definitely wouldn't be my chosen dreamsign!!!

Happy dreaming!

Re: Creating a dreamsign

Postby Luna4277 » 08 Aug 2012 05:16

Thats a really good idea! Now what if you want personal dream signs that you can't really just look at or research a lot, what do you do then? Are you supposed to daydream about them until they show up in a regular dream and then you become Lucid? I really like it because you won't need to recognize dream signs if you create one of your own.

Postby torakrubik » 08 Aug 2012 21:29

creating a dreamsign is a nice about creating one whilst in an LD? then you could will it to occur regularly in your normal dreams
Dreaming is my drug

Postby Roseburg » 10 Aug 2012 08:06

I dont remember any specific dream sign, perhaps when I begin to realise that a dream person is not acting the way they would in real life??? Then when I gain lucidity it is like walking out of a cloud and clearly seeing everything. My RC is pushing my finger through my palm, but if I fall out of practice I hae a hard time convincing my mind that I can do this in my dream. I have to practice my RD everytime or it starts to not work.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”