Help not getting sleep paralysis anymore

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
lamourbonez

Help not getting sleep paralysis anymore

Postby lamourbonez » 18 Jul 2012 14:04

I get sleep paralysis randomly, I haven't gotten the hang of it to make it occur more. Usually, when it does come I practice lucid dreaming but I never got past the vibrating and ear ringing stage. One year ago, I usually couldn't move during sleep paralysis. This year, I was able to move but I had the vibrations and ringing along with hallucinations, and now no more sleep paralysis :( I tried sleepy tea, melatonin 3mg, changing my sleep schedule nothing works - just weird dreams (non-lucid dreams) help :((((

Luna4277

Re: Help not getting sleep paralysis anymore

Postby Luna4277 » 08 Aug 2012 04:58

I know how you feel. When i was younger, i would experience sleep paralysis and i was afraid of it, but now that I'm expecting sleep paralysis, i don't even feel it.

lamourbonez

Postby lamourbonez » 08 Aug 2012 05:03

Luna4277 wrote:I know how you feel. When i was younger, i would experience sleep paralysis and i was afraid of it, but now that I'm expecting sleep paralysis, i don't even feel it.

yeah I really want it to come back now so i can lucid dream! :(

Luna4277

Postby Luna4277 » 08 Aug 2012 05:10

I'm sure we can research why we aren't getting sleep paralysis.

lamourbonez

Postby lamourbonez » 08 Aug 2012 06:21

Luna4277 wrote:I'm sure we can research why we aren't getting sleep paralysis.

Ok ill tell you what I find and you tell me what you find :D

lamourbonez

Postby lamourbonez » 08 Aug 2012 06:24

lamourbonez wrote:
Luna4277 wrote:I'm sure we can research why we aren't getting sleep paralysis.

Ok ill tell you what I find and you tell me what you find :D

I found something that said 7 tips to stop sleep paralysis so i guess we should do the opposite and do what he's telling us not to do?

"1. Avoid meals, snacking and sugary drinks 3-4 hours before bed.

2. No caffeine at any hour of the day.

3. Exercise, especially aerobic exercise like running, swimming, biking in the mornings and afternoons.

4. Healthy meals, low in carbs, sugars and fats.

5. Avoiding TV, Movies or video games at least 1 hour before bed, especially the scary ones.

6. If she is on any type of ADD stimulants or medications, it would be wise to ask her doctor about alternatives.

7. Lights in the room while she is sleeping may be contributing to the “hallucinations” Dimming or turning off the lights entirely can help. The white blob you describe suggest to me there is a light on in the room. Although it might be scary for her, negotiating it to be switched out for a small nightlight or dimmed bulb would be a good place to start."

Luna4277

Postby Luna4277 » 08 Aug 2012 17:13

so eat lots of bad foods, play video games, sleep with the tv on, drink caffinated drinks, etc. and we can get sleep paralysis back. That actually just sounds like a typical day

lamourbonez

Postby lamourbonez » 08 Aug 2012 22:36

Luna4277 wrote:so eat lots of bad foods, play video games, sleep with the tv on, drink caffinated drinks, etc. and we can get sleep paralysis back. That actually just sounds like a typical day

right , that's what I mean so like I'm going to do this just MORE ! :D that sounds like fun. I am going to try this tonight :)

Return to “For Beginners”