Problems becoming lucid

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Yeshowa

Problems becoming lucid

Postby Yeshowa » 08 Aug 2012 11:41

First of all hi! It's good to be here.

Well, I've been trying to lucid dream for three days now - I don't expect to be able to lucid dream any time soon, but some guidance would be much appreciated. Last night (Well, this morning), I managed to have some dreams, but it's only now I realise they were dreams. It never occurred to me to reality check in the dream. Is this something that will just come after doing reality checks more and more in waking life? Or am I doing something wrong?

I also had an odd experience when meditating yesterday. I'm no stranger to meditation, I used to use it to overcome the worst effects of insomnia. Anyway, in what I can only describe as a powerful daydream, I saw an alien face (Like a grey), wizened and wrinkled. He was hooded in black, floating in the black void. He claimed to be a spirit guide. I asked him why he looked that way, and he replied that it was because I wanted him to. I told him that he can't be a spirit guide, because I was aware of my meditating body and how I got there. He reluctantly agreed (Busted!). I came back out of the session of my own volition soon after that.

Wierd? I don't know, what's everyone else's take on it?

torakrubik

Re: Problems becoming lucid

Postby torakrubik » 08 Aug 2012 21:35

I don't meditate so i'm afraid i can't answer your second question. However as far as the reality checks go, expect at least a week, if not more, before you start doing them in your dreams.
Dreaming is my drug

Denmonation

Re: Problems becoming lucid

Postby Denmonation » 09 Aug 2012 06:52

And sometimes it takes many months. I think I had a few months before I started to do them in dreams. It's really different for everyone. Just don't give up.

Return to “For Beginners”