Items for reality checks

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
5p33d2
Posts: 4
Joined: 06 Aug 2012 20:23

Items for reality checks

Postby 5p33d2 » 07 Aug 2012 14:33

Does anyone use items for reality checks, in the same style as the spinning top in Inception?
I think an object would be a good way forward for me, and I could take it around with me.

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Items for reality checks

Postby Ryan » 08 Aug 2012 03:35

5p33d2 wrote:Does anyone use items for reality checks, in the same style as the spinning top in Inception?
I think an object would be a good way forward for me, and I could take it around with me.

There's no reason why this wouldn't work.
You would have to keep the object on you at all times and use it quite often during your days.
You need to ingrain the knowledge of this item into your subconscious mind completely so you know it's with you... you also need to give it a way to act while you're experiencing the non-physical so you know what's going on.

Like the forever spinning top...
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

5p33d2
Posts: 4
Joined: 06 Aug 2012 20:23

Re: Items for reality checks

Postby 5p33d2 » 08 Aug 2012 09:26

Ryan wrote:
5p33d2 wrote:Does anyone use items for reality checks, in the same style as the spinning top in Inception?
I think an object would be a good way forward for me, and I could take it around with me.

There's no reason why this wouldn't work.
You would have to keep the object on you at all times and use it quite often during your days.
You need to ingrain the knowledge of this item into your subconscious mind completely so you know it's with you... you also need to give it a way to act while you're experiencing the non-physical so you know what's going on.

Like the forever spinning top...
Awesome. Can you think of any cool but sensible ideas?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 68
Joined: 06 May 2012 18:06
Location: Houston

Re: Items for reality checks

Postby Shadow » 08 Aug 2012 11:49

I have a red dice that I carry arround. One time in my dream I rolled it and it was just blank. Then BAM i was lucid.

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Items for reality checks

Postby Ryan » 09 Aug 2012 03:30

5p33d2 wrote:Awesome. Can you think of any cool but sensible ideas?

Nope.

I imagine that it would have to be something personal and unique to you. Something you identify with or hold dear. That would have the most power for yourself.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/


Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests