Looking for a much needed answer!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Desire2Dream

Looking for a much needed answer!

Postby Desire2Dream » 10 Aug 2012 18:02

Ok, so I've been doing all prereqs essentially, with the dream journal, reality checks, and I even started meditating a little bit. However, in my dream, I can't bring myself to say that I'm dreaming. I can't control it. My dream me does essentially whatever he's doing in the dream, and never does any reality checks or even notices it's a dream. How can I get myself to do these actions in my dream to become lucid? I've been at it for a couple weeks now but I just can not get myself to ask "am I dreaming?" or do any reality checks to establish the fact that I am actually dreaming. Help please!!

Peter

Re: Looking for a much needed answer!

Postby Peter » 10 Aug 2012 23:18

Relax a little and keep at it without expecting results and it will happen.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Desire2Dream

Postby Desire2Dream » 11 Aug 2012 08:23

Much obliged my friend, thank you. I'll definitely keep at it. I don't plan on quitting till it happens!

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Aug 2012 09:07

cool, you should find that after an intense block of trying a few days relaxing and it will all come home so look forward to your sucess and then post about it
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

fuzzylogic

Postby fuzzylogic » 13 Aug 2012 12:00

Just wanted to let you know that although I have been having LD for some time, I have never become lucid as a result of asking the question "am I dreaming". For me it is always a sudden realisation that I am dreaming.

For example, I may be flying and suddenly I say to myself, "I can't fly,,, I'm dreaming". Or "I can't be talking to this person, he is dead"... Also many times there was no particular event that caused my realisation, just a sudden knowing that I was dreaming.

Keep doing all the same things and it will come.

For me one signal that I was getting close was a dream I had where I told a dream character that I was trying to see if I was dreaming!

I think the biggest key to getting it to happen is to give it thought during the day so that the topic is in your mind naturally when you dream.

Good luck.

Return to “For Beginners”