Bored

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Enter_DreamS

Bored

Postby Enter_DreamS » 17 Jun 2012 01:09

Title says it all. I got bored of trying to lucid dream, I've lost the motivation for it, and I've never had a single one. Alongside that I got distracted from doing reality checks a lot to the point where I do none at all now, I don't even write in my dream journal anymore. It's gonna take a miracle to get me interested in lucid dreaming again! Personally I feel I'm not missing out on much.
It's over.

Worldenterer1

Re: Bored

Postby Worldenterer1 » 18 Jun 2012 01:46

Bye then...
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 18 Jun 2012 12:12

As soon as you have your 1st lucid dream you'll be back. Just let it happen

Enter_DreamS

Postby Enter_DreamS » 18 Jun 2012 14:27

Shadow wrote:As soon as you have your 1st lucid dream you'll be back. Just let it happen

I didn't doubt that before, now I do.
It's over.

alteredstates

Postby alteredstates » 13 Aug 2012 12:09

Maybe the technique isn't working for you..? What techniques have you been using? It also takes dedication and a "beat up" state of mind is the worst one when you're trying to achieve something that requires dedication and practice and sticking to a routine. I had that as well when i first started L'Ding just last month. I only had one and i was convinced near the end of the month i wasn't going to have another! I felt so defeated since I'd been doing reality checks, self affirmations several times and dream journalling every day but just wasn't recognizing dream symbols or bizarre scenarios in dreams until i was dream journalling, even though they were obvious. I was using the WBTB technique btw. It took everything inside of me to pull myself back up and do a self hypnosis recording. It sounds crazy and silly but it works. I followed the instructions on the video on this site
http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-Self-Hypnosis I just recorded it on my blackberry voicenotes you don't need any fancy gadgets..
After telling myself what i wanted to achieve , i.e.
[list=]
3 lucid dreams by the end of the month

ability to recognize dream symbols and any bizarre surroundings to trigger lucidity[/list]

I played it back to myself. You need to be able to get into deep trance state for it to work!
I had a lucid dream two days in a row after using same WBTB technique. The next day which was a Sunday and very successful for lucid dreaming for me for some reason and another one on Monday
I'm using a different technique atm..its more about experimenting and seeing what works for you!I know for us beginners there's the fear of "will I..? will I not..?" and you're too scared to explore to something else just in case it fails and brings you back to that self defeatist feeling again :roll: but what i say is you'll never know till you take the risk!
Yoda: Do or Do Not; There is no try

Enter_DreamS

Postby Enter_DreamS » 13 Aug 2012 12:28

The problem with a pessimistic person like me, is that I have very low tolerance for patience. I always expect or demand results fast, and if something takes too long I don't bother doing it. And after 3 months of journalling, reality checking (I used the finger through palm method) and only coming close once to a lucid dream and never again after that, I'm pretty much fed up.

Since there is no sure-fire quick way to learning lucid dreaming, the sort of person I am, I doubt I have enough time to learn anyway, my life is busy as it is! Even during the holidays I'm always on the computer, or helping around the house.

I know they say lucid dreaming is for everyone, but is that really true?
Last edited by Enter_DreamS on 13 Aug 2012 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
It's over.

alteredstates

Postby alteredstates » 13 Aug 2012 12:30

LOL! i tried..haha good luck :lol:

Xyyzzz

Postby Xyyzzz » 13 Aug 2012 18:56

Enter_DreamS wrote:The problem with a pessimistic person like me, is that I have very low tolerance for patience. I always expect or demand results fast, and if something takes too long I don't bother doing it. And after 3 months of journalling, reality checking (I used the finger through palm method) and only coming close once to a lucid dream and never again after that, I'm pretty much fed up.

Since there is no sure-fire quick way to learning lucid dreaming, the sort of person I am, I doubt I have enough time to learn anyway, my life is busy as it is! Even during the holidays I'm always on the computer, or helping around the house.

Maybe you're just not trying the right technique. I've heard that the WILD technique is extremely effective, maybe you should try that? Currently I'm trying the MILD technique and doing a variety of reality checks a day. I've only been attempting to have a lucid dream for 3 days and I'm already in the habit of questioning the mirror, my fingers, my palm, the light switch, gravity, etc.

Also, are you watching the lucid dreaming subliminal video every night? I find it quite effective as it gets me more confident about having a lucid dream. You can watch it here: http://tinyurl.com/288uh6z

Taking herbs like calea zacatechichi also helps dreaming whether it's lucid dreaming or just regular dreaming. You can buy some here: http://tinyurl.com/8j8bdvf

Before going to sleep I do a small meditation, watch the subliminal video, then repeat to myself a mantra like "I will realize I'm dreaming the next time I dream" and then imagine what I want to do in my dream along with a dream signal I can recognize.

Enter_DreamS

Postby Enter_DreamS » 13 Aug 2012 19:30

I watched that video every night, and it didn't help at all. I'm not too keen on trying out herbs, and I'm restricted by finances anyway.
It's over.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 14 Aug 2012 00:42

Enter_DreamS wrote:The problem with a pessimistic person like me, is that I have very low tolerance for patience. I always expect or demand results fast, and if something takes too long I don't bother doing it. And after 3 months of journalling, reality checking (I used the finger through palm method) and only coming close once to a lucid dream and never again after that, I'm pretty much fed up.

A lack of patience and the "NOW NOW NOW" attitude isn't yours alone... most kids today grow up like this. It's going to become increasingly harder and harder for youth to get into mind activities such as this.

Try 10+ years...
That's how long it took me to understand what was going on and to have my first conscious projection.
3 months is a drop in the bucket.

And if you're fed up after only three months... then I can tell that you never really put in the required effort to learn it in the first place.

Come back to this when you've grow up a bit more. You need to learn patience... most kids today need to learn patience. This "NOW NOW NOW" generation is almost a lost cause.

YES, *ANYONE*.
There is a trap though... you need to be able to give it the patience and dedication, or you *WILL* fail.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “For Beginners”