LD controls(orders)

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Ihmed

LD controls(orders)

Postby Ihmed » 13 Aug 2012 23:43

I was perhaps doing it all wrong in my first LD.

When I wanted to do something I would imagine it, or say it in my mind.. however that funny might sound.

Then around the forum I noticed people actually "say" things in their dreams.

What is better? Imagining and thinking inside of your head, or simply saying or perhaps shouting what you want to be changed?

torakrubik

Re: LD controls(orders)

Postby torakrubik » 14 Aug 2012 22:28

Try shouting it, it might well work better for you. You must still intend in your mind what you want to happen though, otherwise it probably won't.
Dreaming is my drug

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 22 Aug 2012 05:50

I have never tried saying stuff out loud because I have never had to, the moment I even consider the thought the dream changes around the thought, the entire dream really is a self fulfilling prophecy.

I think in order to control your conscious thoughts, saying stuff out loud might give things more structure, I mean if you cant control your thoughts and desires then how can you control the dream world?

I think its a huge problem in dream control because we are not ready for how we will actually behave in a world with no consequences. You think everything will be planned out but as soon as you realise you are dreaming well, you really are a different person aren't you? your environment, your limits, your desires are all completely different so you behave impulsively, sometimes I will just start doing acrobatics around the dream world uncontrollably, or once I start flying theres no stopping me.

Also if you say something out loud, you must have thought about it right? I guess this kind of action is the highest level of consciousness we have, so maybe you can get more control over yourself by doing that.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Lavendula

Postby Lavendula » 23 Aug 2012 21:48

I believe it depends on the person.
For most shouting would work out the most, but thinking inside my head gives me the most power.
For example, I once shouted "SHOW ME MY DREAM GUIDE!" Nothing happened. I then thought "wouldn't it be weird if there was a murderer down this street?" Next second Im running from a psychopath.
Experiment and find out what works best for you :)
If you fall for your reflection you will drown in a dream

tryingtodream

Postby tryingtodream » 24 Oct 2012 23:12

I always realize i am dreaming. i didn't know it counted as being lucid. When I know I'm asleep, I do wild things. but still I cannot do something odd. I can trip someone or trick others in the dream, thats always fun and all, but its still shady on the edges, and I cant do anything close to whats in the video of the homepage. All i can do is lean forward on a plane and tell the man in front of me I'm dreaming, and he'll be like "Cool." and just sit there. Then I would try to do something unnatural, and I can't. Once I was in class in a dream, realized I was dreaming and stood up. I told the class I was dreaming, and they all watched as I tried to lift the desk with my mind. They all start staring. I sit back down, disappointed at my failure, and sit through the rest of class, then I ran around the city after it. It wasn't that fun at all. I want to fly and all, but it is not happening :( HOW DO I CONTROL IT????

Dream_Wolf

Postby Dream_Wolf » 28 Oct 2012 21:46

tryingtodream wrote:When I know I'm asleep, I do wild things. but still I cannot do something odd. but its still shady on the edges, and I cant do anything close to whats in the video of the homepage. All i can do is lean forward on a plane and tell the man in front of me I'm dreaming, and he'll be like "Cool." and just sit there. Then I would try to do something unnatural, and I can't. Once I was in class in a dream, realized I was dreaming and stood up. I told the class I was dreaming, and they all watched as I tried to lift the desk with my mind. They all start staring. I sit back down, disappointed at my failure, and sit through the rest of class, then I ran around the city after it. It wasn't that fun at all. I want to fly and all, but it is not happening :( HOW DO I CONTROL IT????

that happened to me too! ive only managed one lucid dream (last night , oct 28, lol im proud :) and not only was i semi concious, that happened to me too. i think maybe if you spoke out loud.. cos when i yelled clarity now (lol my DCs' were watching me like i was crazy XD) and it worked. a bit. so yeah.... good luck to both of us. (and you too!!)

ntn9

Postby ntn9 » 12 Nov 2012 19:13

Dream_Wolf wrote:
tryingtodream wrote:When I know I'm asleep, I do wild things. but still I cannot do something odd. but its still shady on the edges, and I cant do anything close to whats in the video of the homepage. All i can do is lean forward on a plane and tell the man in front of me I'm dreaming, and he'll be like "Cool." and just sit there. Then I would try to do something unnatural, and I can't. Once I was in class in a dream, realized I was dreaming and stood up. I told the class I was dreaming, and they all watched as I tried to lift the desk with my mind. They all start staring. I sit back down, disappointed at my failure, and sit through the rest of class, then I ran around the city after it. It wasn't that fun at all. I want to fly and all, but it is not happening :( HOW DO I CONTROL IT????

that happened to me too! ive only managed one lucid dream (last night , oct 28, lol im proud :) and not only was i semi concious, that happened to me too. i think maybe if you spoke out loud.. cos when i yelled clarity now (lol my DCs' were watching me like i was crazy XD) and it worked. a bit. so yeah.... good luck to both of us. (and you too!!)
I've never had much trouble in doing 'weird' things, in fact it's sort of natural to me. My opinion is that the more you think about something, the more you subconsciously recognize it. Try watching movies with telekinetic powers; X-Men, push, heck even try Avatar the Last Air bender. If it's something you haven't seen before the brain just might take that information to be true, even though it clashes with solid known facts. Read into telekinesis, get your imagination thinking about it, hope this helps. :D

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”