Techniques for Changing Scenes

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
rdubya

Techniques for Changing Scenes

Postby rdubya » 23 Jun 2011 16:20

Hey All,

So right now I am lacking in control of my dream. I am able to control myself in the dream and walk around as if I was there, but when I try changing something I seem to be unable to or lose control of the Lucidity and find myself in for the Dream ride rather than controlling it.

I also seem to be stuck experiencing the same location over and over. I tried the spinning technique, but this only changed the people in the dream.

Just want to see what methods seem to work for you so I can give them a try to change my scene!

Thanks,
Ryan

dagomez99

Re: Techniques for Changing Scenes

Postby dagomez99 » 28 Jun 2011 16:28

Just this morning I had a LD, I don't know why I realized it was a dream, I think it just hit me, but anyways, the first thing to do was to fly (you could fly to another location instead of trying to change it), I've had few LD, and i think my control isn't as good as it should be, but stopping to think that is your dream, and that you're in control helps, a lot. Later on the same dream (i'm a mountain biker) i stopped flying and grabbed a bike to do some downhill, and when i got to the track (i couldn't teleport, so i had to ride there) a white, locked door appeared on the entrance of the track, so I shouted, hey, this is my dream, I'm in control, open up. but it was still locked so i just decided to go through the door, and convinced myself that it was a dream and that i could do it, and in fact did it.

The bottom line is, if something doesn't go as you want it, find a way around, like I did when i couldn't teleport, i rode my bike there. And also, realize that you are in YOUR dream, and you are in control, stop to think about it, and also rub your hands together, while you're thinking about it.
Hope this helps.

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 28 Jun 2011 17:36

Hey Dagomez,

I do the same thing when I realize it is my dream.I use the "This is my dream"technique. And like you I find some things I am able to control and some others I cannot. I will try to work on finding another way to do something if it does not work by command. So weird to not know why sometimes things work and sometimes they don't!

Thanks,
Ryan

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Jun 2011 20:21

nothing works unless you truly believe it wil so keep trying and as others state find another way if you need to. I had a LD this week and got into a horrid spot but carried on with an action and my thoughts were " I really hope this is a dream as its going to hurt - it did and it was a dream" I was in a LD but had moments of doubt as it is all so real but held the state. It was cool but very scary for a few moments. Anyway believe and try or just change you mind and find another approach.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 28 Jun 2011 20:54

I think it is hard to believe because we do not fully understand exactly how LD work. For example, I was snapped into a LD when I realized I was about to be hit by a car. I said no, this is my dream,and stopped the car right there. Then I did some logic checks to gain better control. Once I began moving around I tried changing the scene. Couldn't get it to go no matter how hard I thought it, so since i became fearful of losing the dream I just went with it and continued to explore the details.

The time element of having to learn quickly makes LD that much more interesting!

You have 15 minutes on random nights to learn how to crawl,then walk,then run, then FLY! haha.

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Jun 2011 21:07

I had my longest LD ever 2 nights ago, got up at 3.45am back to bed and straight into an LD with a spontaneous entry and woke myself up at 5am. So it was 90 minutes and very sure of this.
One scene had people with rifles protesting and I approached them and said to go home and was told that I would be shot if I did not go away. My reply was that they should do so as I knew this was a dream and I would come to no harm so I put my hand out and requested that they shoot a hole in it. They smiled and walked away. I turned around and a lady was there with a skill saw and said "I am going to cut you if you don’t go" again I thought "this is a dream and I cannot get hurt" but a tiny bit of doubt as the saw looked mean. I pondered, looked her in the eye and put out my hand and touched the blade thinking I hope this is a dream and I think this might hurt. It took every bit of will power to touch the blade. You are right if you are thinking I cut myself. A good hunk of finger went flying and yes it really hurt. I held control and lifted my hand and showed the lady with the saw and said " my dream-you can’t hurt me' the finger healed in front of me, she smiled and we had a chat.
This was a very hard dream to control and the belief needs to be absolute but at times is tempered with doubt.

Lots I don’t understand and am grateful for this as it means there is so much to do and learn. One of the last frontiers to explore

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 28 Jun 2011 21:28

Yikes! Good thing it was a dream! haha.

I really wonder what the characters are in there for. I am very interested in the puppet master of the puppet master.... meaning what makes our subconscious do what it does in these dreams.

In my last LD, my deceased grandfather was in it, but he was way overweight and shorter than what he actually was, so I knew that it was not a message or anything like that from the other side. Anyway, I asked him if he knew he was dead, and he became startled and upset, so I didn't pursue it any further, but even in the dream I asked "why is this in my dream right now?" haha. I closed my eyes and started spinning until I couldn't hear the other people in my dream, and when I reopened my eyes and stopped spinning, the people changed, but sure enough I was still in the same spot of the same scene with the same details. It will probably always amaze me how detailed and real our minds can make the dreams!

I think only fellow LDer's can appreciate that, as it is even more real than a vivid dream because you can look and feel and sense anything at any time. I remember going to a closed door thinking lets see if my mind can create something behind this door, and sure enough it did. I even opened the door, then started closing it, and the details remained the same when I reopened it.

dagomez99

Postby dagomez99 » 29 Jun 2011 05:41

Hey Ryan, I know, last night in my LD, when I realized it was a dream, I looked around to see where I was, it was a neighborhood of my hometown, man, it was so detailed I was amused the rest of the dream, it had even a construction, with construction workers in it (i don't know if you say construction, like a building in the process of being built, correct me if i'm wrong), the grass also seemed real, everything, it was so detailed and real, to the point that, in my real body, I have myopia in my left eye (it's bad, I see very very blurry from 5 inches away from my face), so I tried to see if I had it in the dream, and in fact I had it.

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 29 Jun 2011 17:21

I know what you mean dago--

What i thought was very interesting is the details of my old home. Whenever I think of it, I think of it from the perspective of my childhood self. I always think the stairs are very high. But when I was in my LD, I was in my older ,taller, perspective, and I realized how low the stairs are! Not sure if that makes sense, but yes seeing details of older parts of your life are simply amazing because you don't remember them when you are awake, but when you see them again in your LD you remember it again.

Liliana Tegzes

Postby Liliana Tegzes » 04 Jul 2011 12:53

rdubya wrote:Hey All,

So right now I am lacking in control of my dream. I am able to control myself in the dream and walk around as if I was there, but when I try changing something I seem to be unable to or lose control of the Lucidity and find myself in for the Dream ride rather than controlling it.

I also seem to be stuck experiencing the same location over and over. I tried the spinning technique, but this only changed the people in the dream.

Just want to see what methods seem to work for you so I can give them a try to change my scene!

Thanks,
Ryan

Hello Ryan,

I use the "spinning" technique and sometimes the "door opening" one. I do change the location every time but I cannot control the place I go. If I want to go in a park for example it works, I will find myself in a park (un unknown place for me though), but if I think to a very specific place it doesn't work and I end up in a very different place, in one I never thought of it (like a ball room, dancing menuet). It's crazy how sometimes a LD works.
But I totally agree with Peter on that if you are not 100% sure on something, that will not happen.
For example, I used to go through walls all the time and then I read about people who couldn't do it. Since then I cannot do it anymore as now I doubt the fact I can - knowing that others also cannot doing it.
Now I ask myself - can I go through this wall? and then I try and doesn't work.
Before I was thinking only - hey, lets go through this wall to see how it feels!
See the difference?

best,
Liliana

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”