Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sander

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Sander » 10 Aug 2012 10:19

Sander wrote:i think i had somewhat of a breakthrough last night.

i dreamt that i was in a warzone, fully engaged in combat. i threw a grenade over a little wall and ran for it. Seeing a tank of the enemy and realizing i had no weapons left, i hid behind tank wreck, bullets flying everywhere. Through a crack, i see an enemy foot soldier coming my way. Realizing i'm defenceless i just say: "whatever, shoot me, mofo...". So he does and i feel the bullets but i feel a strange pain sensation, not really pain, but a numbness. I always get that feeling when i die in my dreams. Also, when i die in a dream, i tend to wake up. But this time, in the proces of dying in my dream and waking up IRL, i realized that i was dreaming. I don't think this counts as a lucid dream as i think i was more awake then asleep when i realized it.

Something weird happened to me though: while awake with my eyes closed, i saw spheres rapidly appearing, growing and dissapearing again. Kinda like rain drops falling into a pond.

I was rather flabberghasted by this sensation so i forgot about my dream. I think this was a missed opportunity to try and become lucid. Maybe if i tried to remember my dream and remembering the point where i die and think of another way the story ends, i may have had a good chance of becoming lucid.

Thoughts?

i think i had the same thing this night, but i didnt know i was dreaming. I just woke, realized that i woke up from a dream, still remembering the dream, and saw strange shapes rapidly appearing, changing shapes and dissappearing in front of me. I tried to just keep calm, keep focus and observe them. This was very hard as i had trouble keeping my eyes closed, though, and my eye lids were shaking like crazy. So couldn't help but focus on keeping them closed, rather than on the things i was seeing.

Pretty bummed by this.

What should i try to do when this happens again?
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

MaxBear13

Postby MaxBear13 » 13 Aug 2012 21:45

Hey there. I'm new to lucid dreaming, and I'm still in my first week of it. I'm 15 and I've tried the WILD method every night before going to sleep. However I'm having trouble with the Hypnagogic State, and haven't really been able to get past quick flashed of white light likes spots behind my eyelids. I can't really control them, and I feel like without being able to access my Hypnagogia I have no way to have a Lucid Dream. I would really like help on how to use my Hypnagogia and really just get it going. I have a good imagination and visualization in the mind's eye is no problem for me, but I can't "see" anything behind my eyelids. I've successfully entered Sleep Paralysis where I can't move my limbs, and it feels like a cold blanket lying on top of me. It doesn't really bother me, but if I lie there without making any progress I gradually become more awake and the Sleep Paralysis just goes away, especially when I get excited. I don't like to wake up in the middle of the night because I have two younger siblings that I don't want to wake up, and being such a deep sleeper I need a very loud alarm. Please help me access my Hypnagogia!

dst1134

Postby dst1134 » 14 Aug 2012 05:11

I'm on an antidepressant medication that has a side effect of keeping me up at night. To counteract this I'm also taking generic anbein to sleep.

Does anyone know if this will hinder me in having lucid dreams. I'm just starting out.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Sander

Postby Sander » 14 Aug 2012 07:54

MaxBear13 wrote:Hey there. I'm new to lucid dreaming, and I'm still in my first week of it. I'm 15 and I've tried the WILD method every night before going to sleep. However I'm having trouble with the Hypnagogic State, and haven't really been able to get past quick flashed of white light likes spots behind my eyelids. I can't really control them, and I feel like without being able to access my Hypnagogia I have no way to have a Lucid Dream. I would really like help on how to use my Hypnagogia and really just get it going. I have a good imagination and visualization in the mind's eye is no problem for me, but I can't "see" anything behind my eyelids. I've successfully entered Sleep Paralysis where I can't move my limbs, and it feels like a cold blanket lying on top of me. It doesn't really bother me, but if I lie there without making any progress I gradually become more awake and the Sleep Paralysis just goes away, especially when I get excited. I don't like to wake up in the middle of the night because I have two younger siblings that I don't want to wake up, and being such a deep sleeper I need a very loud alarm. Please help me access my Hypnagogia!

if you're in you first week trying and allready achieved sleep paralysis, then i think you're well on your way.. O_O i've been trying for almost a month now and i've gotten nothing.
Free Your Mind.

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Aug 2012 20:15

Whatever works is correct, forget SP and a step by step process as it is not necessary and will stop you getting a feel for the states and if you are not experienced then WILD is the hardest way of all and no better that any other way. Relax a little and let it happen
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Shalex

Postby Shalex » 15 Aug 2012 14:58

Hey!!! I've just started my journey and prepared a journal.I don't seriously know if this happens with other dreamers or not but I usually encounter more than two dreams. So,I want to ask should I write down each one of them or not?????

Sander

Postby Sander » 16 Aug 2012 12:02

Shalex wrote:Hey!!! I've just started my journey and prepared a journal.I don't seriously know if this happens with other dreamers or not but I usually encounter more than two dreams. So,I want to ask should I write down each one of them or not?????

yes, that's the whole point of the journal. Write down any dream that you can remember.

As for me, i think i may have had my first lucid moment 2 nights ago :) i deliberately say moment because it was only for a few seconds.

I don't fully remember the sensation i felt, but i think i felt my physical body laying down in my bed, while i was still seeing the dream scene. Is this how it's supposed to feel like?
Free Your Mind.

ronalds141

i don't remeber my dreams. for years.

Postby ronalds141 » 16 Aug 2012 17:07

I haven't remembered a dream for years. I don't know even if i had one at all. How can i remember them? You'll say journaling, but when i wake up, i don't have even of what to write. A blank picture. I tend to wake up usually at 5/6 am, but i still have no idea if i had a dream or not, though i was probably in middle of REM (as i go to to sleep at midnight) my GF alwas see's a dream, she's always telling that dreams are vivid etc, i thought that they were my *as i found out* imagination.

I thought that dreaming was my imagination , but when i understood, that dreaming is something like IRL i was shocked! I never had a dream like that. I'm desperated. What to do?

some people said to try vitamin B12 i guess, but anything other then that? Please help kind people. :(

Sander

Postby Sander » 16 Aug 2012 21:40

pretty sure it's bitamin B6 and not B12.

You have to really make dreams an important aspect of your life. That way your subconcious will pick this up and start to remember more dreams. Also, when you got to sleep, set a specific intention to remember your dreams by literally saying 'when i wake up, i will remember my dreams' over and over in your head. Lastly, when you wake up, DON'T MOVE A MUSCLE. The electrical activity in your brain that triggers muscle movement can interfere with your memory of your dreams.

This is what i've learned as an aspiring lucid dreamer. Hope it helps.
Free Your Mind.

artavis durden

Postby artavis durden » 17 Aug 2012 19:36

I need help with Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming................I have been practicing since January 2011 and i havent had any results.................The only results that i have is when the first time i practiced it.............I woke up at 4:30am to the sound of my watch alarm.........and i flipped straight over onto my back. I took 3 breaths in and out, and then i felt relaxed. I started to count to 100 with an the next scene will be a dream inbetween each number.............after about 10 minutes i saw hypnagogic imagery and i started imagining a song in my head i played it over and over again. After a while i started to get a warm feeling all over my body.............after a while i heard sounds and i freaked out and woke up because of the sounds..............I need to ask anotheer question................Can i try Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming laying on my side??

Return to “For Beginners”