help my stupid brain...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ausvis

help my stupid brain...

Postby ausvis » 15 Aug 2012 08:32

I don' t do reality checks at night , or at dreams although I do reality checks at day like a dozen times...
Today i dreamed that i learned to fly and it didn' t occur to me to do a Reality check .. whats wrong with me? why is my brain so unconcious? what can I do to make it CONCIOUS? please help... I also have a dream journal whitch i use for about 2 months now.

kanaloa

Re: help my stupid brain...

Postby kanaloa » 15 Aug 2012 16:07

I just had my first intentional lucid dream last night from using the WILD thing. I have found that the dream journal lays the foundation, but I get nowhere doing reality checks awake, or just affirmations. I'm not very suggestible and don't respond to affirmations very well. I have been previously frustrated that no matter how much I wanted and intended to lucid dream, I fell asleep in my dreams like always. And identify with them as real.

This is just me, but I have found that I need to do a technique that works intentionally while I am falling asleep, to carry things through the border of being awake and falling asleep.
http://theinnerroad.blogspot.com/

alteredstates

Postby alteredstates » 15 Aug 2012 17:19

kanaloa wrote:I just had my first intentional lucid dream last night from using the WILD thing. I have found that the dream journal lays the foundation, but I get nowhere doing reality checks awake, or just affirmations. I'm not very suggestible and don't respond to affirmations very well. I have been previously frustrated that no matter how much I wanted and intended to lucid dream, I fell asleep in my dreams like always. And identify with them as real.

This is just me, but I have found that I need to do a technique that works intentionally while I am falling asleep, to carry things through the border of being awake and falling asleep.

Excuse me Kanaloa but what is an intentional lucid dream??? :?: And they say the WILD thing is too "advanced" for beginners but it's good you've been able to master it..that's where am trying to get to as a beginner as well and i want to stick to a new technique am using. I used WBTB, then lucid dream timer method to start off with and experiment with and worked for me at times but i want to achieve more waking sleep paralysis which inevitably leads to WILD then possibly astral projection depending which direction you go..How long have you been trying/attempting this and can you explain your process please for the lucid dream you had? I had my first waking sleep paralysis on the 13th of this month but i want to achieve more and still using the same technique because i just feel i should stick with it, but its interesting to hear other peoples' experiences.

kanaloa

Postby kanaloa » 16 Aug 2012 04:52

What I mean about intentional lucid dream is one that doesn't happen by accident, such as the brief one's I've experienced in the past.
I've been trying for several weeks with affirmations, reality checks and the dream journaling.
The way I've been winging it with WILD is to focus on letting my body rest (I recommend blacking out your room to fall asleep easier) while telling myself that I will be dreaming soon. Then I focus on the random images and shapes I see with my eyes closed, and I may tell myself that I'm dreaming or I count up and down to 100 telling myself I'm dreaming. It begins linear but I sort of don't do it very methodically. I may be mixing MILD with WILD, but worked for me so far. I don't know if last night was somewhat of a fluke, because my sleep was so off.
http://theinnerroad.blogspot.com/

James

Postby James » 17 Aug 2012 00:07

I know exactly what you mean!
People say "oh I saw my sister drive shes only 15 so I had a lucid dream" and then I have dreams of going UP a waterslide doing a triple-backflip onto a surfboard while watching mercury crash into the sun, and nothing !! :(

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Was it worth it?

Return to “For Beginners”