A question about the dream journal

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
WildCat23

A question about the dream journal

Postby WildCat23 » 25 Nov 2013 04:19

Will it be effective in bullet form, or do I have to take the time to write out every detail? I was wondering because I rarely have the time to write out my dreams in detail for 15+ minutes every morning.
Last edited by WildCat23 on 25 Nov 2013 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

R99

Re: A question about the dream jurnal

Postby R99 » 25 Nov 2013 09:28

in my case , i use point to point method , just like bullet style. just write the points ,,like emotions, place,character, subject,object etc... its effective for me. as long as it make sense to u, its cool. and if u really prefer essay style. u could always elaborate it later. and there is another plus point in bullet style, it only makes sense to only u. so its safe, if anyone happen to read it.
I see the Truth now.

erichsa

Re: A question about the dream journal

Postby erichsa » 25 Nov 2013 18:00

I use a cheap voice recorder, and write up my dream journal at a convenient time. I don't have to put on the lights or have to get out of bed. :)

R99

Postby R99 » 25 Nov 2013 18:16

erichsa wrote:I use a cheap voice recorder, and write up my dream journal at a convenient time. I don't have to put on the lights or have to get out of bed. :)

talk about super lazy :lol: no offence mate ...
I see the Truth now.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Nov 2013 03:21

I thought of the voice recording method, and I have a free dictaphone program on my computer I downloaded. I tested it, but man, do I hate the sound of my voice! But it would be a great tool in the night, if still in bed and too lazy to get up. (Nothing wrong with being lazy at 4 a.m. If there's a time to be lazy, I think that should be it! ;) )

I find it hard to get up and turn on a light to write my dream down. But I'm always glad when I do.
I use a paper and pencil. No pens, they annoy me and fail all the time! :twisted: Point form is what I do to, then go back to sleep. If I don't I tend to try and remember the dream as I fall asleep again, and it get's forgotten. Or a few times, I actually dreamed that I was writing my dream down!

But after that, I write them down in essay form on a word processor to organize it for my future self to read. And that's what I do it for: my future entertainment to look back on. Journals of our waking life are the same way. If I don't, I won't remember the details after a day or two. ( A few dreams will be powerful enough to be the exception of course.... )

But if you want to know that if having a very minimal dream journal to only help remember for a day or a week, or getting too lazy for a month, and stopping will hinder your lucid dreaming ability... I would say no, and it didn't happen in my case. But on the other hand I do remember more details if I do record them in essay form after I jot them down. Sometimes, details will just hit me out of nowhere when I do because I'm more alert than when I was in bed writing the gist of it.

But there's no way you can record every dream you ever had. There's not enough time, and when would you ever read it either? Pick and choose the best ones to flesh out into detail and leave the others in note form.

I want a machine to record my dreams for me so I could watch them back later. Now THAT is lazy! 8-)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”