Tulpas, LDs, and OBEs.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Darkthoughts

Tulpas, LDs, and OBEs.

Postby Darkthoughts » 09 Dec 2014 04:12

Hi, I've always been interested in the realm of the 'psychological paranormal' so to speak for a while now. As the subject says, I have had some experience with tulpas, lucid dreams, and out of body experiences.

Tulpas, if you aren't aware, are basically coming up with a thought, making it a personality, 'conversing' with it mentally until it kind of 'breaks free' from you and has it's own traits and talks when it wants to. I have decent experience with this, having a tulpa of my own. Tulpae are really interesting, I suggest looking them up, but starting with it takes a lot of time a patience, so be warned.

I have had many lucid dreams in my life, but only one I can count as 'intentional'. My other ones are mainly halfway through my dream when I realize that I'm asleep and I start screwing around, only to wake up. My joining here is mainly to see if I can find a good method to work on this.

I have never had a full OBE, but I have came very close once. I actually asked in the discussion about what happened, because I want to be sure. In a summary, I fell asleep after staying awake until like 3 in the morning, a very short period of time later I woke up, exhausted, most likely paralyzed but I never tried to move nor did I see anything, so I closed my eyes to go back to sleep when an intense ringing in my ears and strong vibrations everywhere, but mainly in my head, started to flood me. Scared, I opened my eyes, but from exhaustion I closed them again, and I was thrust into a 3-5 second lucid dream, to which I woke up and forced myself to go back to, making it last a good minute I'd say. (I have never successfully done this before, and when I forced myself to go back, I don't know how, but it was as if I knew exactly what to do)

So, I hope I make a lot of friends here and learn a lot of things. Sorry if I seem like I'm rambling, I'm kind of a writer and I can't really force myself to not be detailed easily, kinda like OCD.

nesgirl

Re: Tulpas, LDs, and OBEs.

Postby nesgirl » 09 Dec 2014 05:30

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:53, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Darkthoughts

Re: Tulpas, LDs, and OBEs.

Postby Darkthoughts » 09 Dec 2014 06:18

I honestly don't believe in anything supernatural. Tulpas are just manifestations of the subconscious that you can kind of communicate with (in my opinion). I'm honestly still VERY skeptical about if OBEs are just a variation of an LD or not, so sorry if I seem like a cynic ;p

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “Introduce Yourself”