"I can't lucid dream."=I have one!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
isabelb50

"I can't lucid dream."=I have one!

Postby isabelb50 » 04 Oct 2017 17:22

Hi everybody,

I have experienced this many times: I think, "I'm going to take a break from my lucid dream practice right now" then I have a lucid dream that night. I haven't ever really gotten a good grasp on lucid dreaming, and I find that whenever I "give up" on it, that's when I have to most success. Plus, I've tried a more hands-off, loose approach to my training, but that doesn't get me anywhere. On the flipside, when I train really hard--I'm pushing it too much. I've tried going somewhere in the middle but I still don't see much progress. Any advice?

Thanks!

Sean Jacobs

Re: "I can't lucid dream."=I have one!

Postby Sean Jacobs » 04 Oct 2017 20:38

Hi isabelb50. This is a tough one. I would speculate that when you decide to take a break from lucid dreaming it may trigger some emotion (sadness, frustration, etc) which then triggers your subconscious mind to be more focused on lucid dreaming, which intern triggers you to have a lucid dream.

As far as advice on lucid dreaming in genera; It is very difficult for the vast majority of people. It takes time, practice, effort and sacrifice. I have been attempting to have consistent lucid dreams since 2004 and the most I've ever had in a year is a pathetic 18 LDs (that is 1.5 LDs per month on average). I know what to do to have more (keep a dream journal, reality checking throughout the day, setting my resolve to lucid dream before I sleep, waking up during the night and then going back to sleep) but it costs me good quality sleep and takes up too much of my time. Some of my lucid dreams have been some of the most amazing experiences of my life, but sometimes it isn't worth the sacrifices.

So, try new techniques. Don't give up. Find a way that works for your and is worth the effort.

I wish all the best in your LD pursuits.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Caron Dimonio

Postby Caron Dimonio » 06 Oct 2017 19:02

isabelb50 wrote:Hi everybody,

I have experienced this many times: I think, "I'm going to take a break from my lucid dream practice right now" then I have a lucid dream that night. I haven't ever really gotten a good grasp on lucid dreaming, and I find that whenever I "give up" on it, that's when I have to most success. Plus, I've tried a more hands-off, loose approach to my training, but that doesn't get me anywhere. On the flipside, when I train really hard--I'm pushing it too much. I've tried going somewhere in the middle but I still don't see much progress. Any advice?

Thanks!

As far as I'm concerned, this is a pretty common thing which extends in many different aspects of our lives. It occurred often to me while I was at university, back in my days, whenever I was beating my head upon books and everything I read didn't enter in my mind... Than I used to say myself "oh fuck it, I'm pissed off" and, only after that sentence, things come fluently in my mind. Probably this works to you as well in this specific field, you know.
Guess brain is like a muscle: it starts working after work out, not during.
"At the point of sleep, when the sleep has not yet come and external wakefulness vanishes, at this point Being is revealed."

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 15 Oct 2017 17:13

apples and oranges. The only similarities between studying for an exam and predetermining a lucid dreams is that the you made the comparison. Lucid dreams happen both when you expect them and when you don't expect them. Control through expectation using work is an typical response.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”