New Lucid Dreamer (foreign, too)

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
GamerFuckerLD

New Lucid Dreamer (foreign, too)

Postby GamerFuckerLD » 30 Oct 2017 16:20

Hi there. My name is Omar, a young adult living in Aleppo, Syria. I've recently stumbled upon this lucid dreaming stuff and was motivated to learn for a variety of purposes, including personal development, wish fulfillment, fantasy enacting, etc.
I was first curious about the subject, up until I had my first lucid dream. Although it was very short, yet I was shocked by its sheer realism and started to really question my consciousness. At the time of writing this post, I'm still struggling with stabilizing my lucid dreams. But that won't stop me from trying and trying until I master this skill.

Regards,
GamerFuckerLD

Summerlander

Re: New Lucid Dreamer (foreign, too)

Postby Summerlander » 04 Nov 2017 01:35

Welcome! I presume you're familiar with stabilisation and prolongation techniques. Am I correct? :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

GamerFuckerLD

Postby GamerFuckerLD » 04 Nov 2017 22:13

Summerlander wrote:Welcome! I presume you're familiar with stabilisation and prolongation techniques. Am I correct? :mrgreen:

Actually, I know them all (all of which is written about in the articles on this website, to say the least) However, I was successful at stabilizing a series of lucid dreams I've had recently, so you could say I've overcome this obstacle.

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 05 Nov 2017 01:27

Welcome
Good luck,
Dream on.

GamerFuckerLD

Postby GamerFuckerLD » 05 Nov 2017 21:48

DreamerMan99 wrote:Welcome

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Nov 2017 01:14

Well, if you ever need to refine your lucid dreaming practice you can always revise techniques in Michael Raduga's The Phase: A Practical Guidebook. Stephen Laberge's material is also legit. Sweet lucid dreams! :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

GamerFuckerLD

Postby GamerFuckerLD » 07 Nov 2017 22:38

Summerlander wrote:Well, if you ever need to refine your lucid dreaming practice you can always revise techniques in Michael Raduga's The Phase: A Practical Guidebook. Stephen Laberge's material is also legit. Sweet lucid dreams! :)

Thanks, buddy. Much appreciated :).

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Nov 2017 20:24

Aleppo is the largest city in Syria after its capital, Damascus, and also the worst-hit during the Syrian Civil War ... :shock:

Omar, I wonder---out of curiosity---how much you've been affected by the Battle of Aleppo and if you used lucid dreaming to solve problems during that time. I presume you often initiated your lucid dreams from belligerent nightmares? :|

- Padmasambhava

GamerFuckerLD

Postby GamerFuckerLD » 08 Nov 2017 22:47

Summerlander wrote:Aleppo is the largest city in Syria after its capital, Damascus, and also the worst-hit during the Syrian Civil War ... :shock:

Omar, I wonder---out of curiosity---how much you've been affected by the Battle of Aleppo and if you used lucid dreaming to solve problems during that time. I presume you often initiated your lucid dreams from belligerent nightmares? :|

:mrgreen: No, man. We're living in this fu**ed-up condition for about 7 years, so you could say we've adapted. Fortunately, I can't say I suffered as much as some other people who were unfortunate enough to be put through torturing and oftentimes traumatic tragedies.
It's been about six months since our city has been liberated and the city is slowly healing and getting restored and renovated to its pre-war state. And the Syrian people today are full of hope for the future and for peace to return to all of Syria and the Middle East.
Concerning lucid dreaming, it's only recently that I truly put the time and effort it requires to achieve this phenomenal state of consciousness. And I'm fortunate enough to rarely have any nightmares :D.

I appreciate your concern, buddy. Thanks.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 09 Nov 2017 01:22

That's good. You got lucky, then. And things will be even better now that you're lucid dreaming. I hope Syria restores itself. :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Introduce Yourself”