Life after death?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
dtommy79

Life after death?

Postby dtommy79 » 27 Apr 2011 22:45

Hi,

It doesn't really have to do anything with paranormal activites, but Rebecca mentioned this briefly in another topic and I'm curious what others think about life after death. So what do you think? Is it over when it's over or we live on in a different form, on a different level?

Donna

Re: Life after death?

Postby Donna » 27 Apr 2011 23:56

My view is we definitely continue. I've had more than one contact with deceased people, most commonly while sleeping. I've also experienced some incredible mediums and I tend to believe they really are in contact with deceased people rather than plucking information out of people's energy fields. I think the best evidence for this is when they give people information unknown to them but later verified. Gary Schwartz has done some great work scientifically verifying the genuine phenomena of mediumship and you can find information about his Afterlife Experiments online if it interests you. You can also check out Victor Zammit's Afterlife Report if you can handle the regular tirades against close-minded skeptics.

Mr anonymous

Postby Mr anonymous » 28 Apr 2011 01:52

I think there must be more to life than this. I would like to believe that we go to another dimension. Personally I don't believe in god and there being a heaven. We will never really know

Ancient

Postby Ancient » 28 Apr 2011 03:14

I hold a Buddhist/New Age/Taoist sort of view involving reincarnation and different planes of existence.
Tool
Sleep
Portal
Gojira
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Am I Dreaming?--------------------------------------------------------- ?gnimaerD I mA

Donna

Postby Donna » 28 Apr 2011 04:53

Ancient, I'm with you on the idea of reincarnation as well, believe it or not.

dtommy79

Postby dtommy79 » 28 Apr 2011 09:53

I also tend to believe in different planes of existence, although I hope reincarnation does not exist. Wouldn't wanna do it all over again :)

I think we'll live on in a different form, but as Mr anonymous said we are never going to know for sure. At least until the time comes.

Ludic

Postby Ludic » 28 Apr 2011 11:37

I'm not really sure what i believe in when it comes to the afterlife.. I mean, if you continue living somehow you've probably lost your memory since otherwise you'd most likely try to contact your family or friends from the past life, so i think that you might lose what's left of your memory and be reborn in another form or something along those lines.
Artistic stuff ; www.ludic-sama.deviantart.com

jake

Postby jake » 29 Apr 2011 06:10

Personaly, I am christiane and believe that there is a superior being out there who loves us and who has got a plan for some in a life after death.

dtommy79

Postby dtommy79 » 29 Apr 2011 20:58

Even if someone doesn't believe in it, the question would remain what's the point of being here?

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 01 May 2011 04:37

I hope there is an afterlife. I really don't know for sure, but I hope there is. I like being alive! :lol: The 100 years (if I'm lucky) of time on Earth just isn't enough for me!

dtommy79 wrote:Even if someone doesn't believe in it, the question would remain what's the point of being here?

I think it's up to everyone to decide what their life purpose is. But one purpose could be to enjoy life while we can, help others enjoy it, and don't take things too seriously, because it doesn't last very long. I don't think dogs ever wonder if there's an afterlife. They just live in the present, wagging their tails and trying to have fun. :D

Return to “Paranormal Activity”